Lets the admin add “featured” or “buried” css class to selected comments. Handy to highlight comments that add value to your post.
This plugin makes use of the meta_query option added in WordPress 3.5 to the WP_Comment_Query class, so it is no longer compatible with earlier versions of WordPress.
Please report bugs and suggestions on Github.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload ‘feature-comments’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
All the options will be automatically added to the edit comments table, and single comment edit screen
Great, just add “Showe excerpt” in widget.
Contributors & Developers
“Featured Comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed a bug that caused the Feature / Bury links to not work on pages where comments were loaded through ajax
- Updated add_comment_meta() to update_comment_meta() to ensure we are not adding duplicate values
- Fixed a minor security vulnerability that could allow someone to trick an admin into featuring or burying a comment
- Fixed a bug with the Featured Comments widget and not being able to properly set the number of comments to show
- Fixed a fatal error in the Featured Comments widget
- Fixed an undefined index error in the Featured Comments widget
- Fixed a missing comment ID parameter to the get_comment_author_link()
- Improved capability check when processing ajax requests
- Re-added Buried checkbox to the edit comment screen
- Added a file-modified-time version number to the JS to ensure file is not cached between updates
- Added a div.feature-burry-comments wrapper to the Feature | Bury links added to comments
- Development taken over by Pippin Williamson
- NOTE: no longer compatible with WordPress versions less than 3.5
- Replaced deprecated functions with up-to-date versions
- Added new Featured Comments widget
- Updated plugin class to a singleton
- Fixed bug, which showed feature/bury links to all users, instead of users with ‘moderate_comments’ capability.
- Major update
- Anyone with ‘moderate_comments’ capability is now able to feature/bury comments both from the frontend and backend
- Added support for featuring comments using ajax.
- The edit comments section now highlights featured comments, and reduces the opacity of buried comments.
- Fixed some E_NOTICE’s
- Fixed a bug introduced in the last update
- Refactored source code
- Added missing screenshot files
- First version