The famous Front-end editor by scribu http://scribu.net is changed only by CSS to an real inline editor.
After login into backoffice and going back to your front end you can edit your texts by double click
as in scribu’s front-end editor. But now your editor panel is fixed above in your browser’s left corner
and always present and the page looks as before but now you can write in it. Above that edit panel you find
an edit button – if your template supplies the class post-edit-link for it – for going into backend making the job
you can’t do with the small editor.
Be sure you have front-end editor loaded and activatet otherwise this extension does nothing.
Installation as usual by your plugin menu in the dashboard or manually:
1. Download front-end-editor-inline-style.zip and unzip it.
2. Upload this directory to your plugin directory
3. Activate the plugin FE-Editor inline in your dashboard
4. Thats all if you like my preferences, otherwise change the css-file or the options of Front-end editor.
5. The administrator button only comes if it is prepared by your theme
Contributors & Developers
“FE-Editor inline” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Do not work
Do not work
seems to work
Works in firefox, safari, opera but not in Internet Explorer of any version
Works in IE 8 but not in former IE versions as scribus editor too, makes a little trouble in Opera
At request of scribu I removed him from the contributors list