Easily import Facebook photo albums from a public page into your WordPress website. Simple to set up, manage, and display on any post or page with use of the fb_album shortcode.
Things to expect in future releases:
- Auto syncing albums.
- Multiple display options.
- Album editing.
- Unzip the plugin and Upload the directory ‘fb-photo-sync’ to ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ on your site
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it! Get started under WP Admin Panel > Settings > FB Photo Sync
Fetching facebook albums automatically is NOT an easy task.
This plugin just works!
An awesome feature is importing albums from a specific page.
Thank you for this.
Very good plugin, and excellent support from the developer.
It does what it says it does.
At the time of this review, the plugin is still in beta, so some bugs might be crawling around. But for a beta version this seems like a very solid plugin, fully functional and with a good future ahead.
Like any shortcode” plugin it’s not as easy for your technically limited journalist/content-creator to use.
Nothing that a 3-5 minute tutorial won’t cure.
Anyone with some experience with WordPress (and Facebook) will be able to figure it out in seconds.
Great support, perfect plugin
I like the concept of this but it fails on a few levels. Sync doesn’t pull all the photos (6/9 right now) and the imported photos are low resolution. I’m sure the low res issue is not the fault of the developer but it won’t work for my purposes.
Awesome plugin and quick support makes it one of the greatest plugins of WP. Keep up the good work.
Works as I expected and it’s nice and easy to use it.
Contributors & Developers
“FB Photo Sync” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Enhancement: Ability to set a limit for number of photos to display. Example limit=5
- Change: Included middle part of the ternary operator for PHP 5.2 and less.
- Bug: Fix to small CSS issue with slide display
- Enhancement: Ability to ignore photos in shortcode with comma-separated list of image IDs. Example ignore=”326020210891369,320328328127224″
- Change: Updated plugin to use Facebook Graph API v2.4
- Enhancement: Ability to turn off lazy load in shortcode with lazy_load=”false”
- Bug: Removed function only available in PHP 5.5
- Enhancement: Uploads one item at a time for performance
- Enhancement: Better Facebook App instructions
- Enhancement: Slightly improved Admin UI
- Enhancement: Updated to Facebook API version 2.3
- Enhancement: Allow private photo syncing
- Change: Functionality now requires Facebook App
- Enhancement: More error handling when importing albums.
- Bug: Fixed lightGallery lightbbox text display issue.
- Enhancement: Cache buster.
- Change: Replaced Fancybox with lightGallery lightbox.
- Bug: Fixed import problem of large albums.
- Enhancement: Improved loader when importing.
- Enhancement: Added Lazy Load to images.
- Bug: Fixed 25-album-limit issue for pages with many albums.
- Enhancement: Added photo count to album list pre-import.
- Enhancement: Added nonce check for Ajax calls.
- Enhancement: Added order parameter (asc and desc) to shortcode [fb_album id=”8720954366″ wp_photos=”true” order=”asc”] (desc is default).
- Change: Project URL.
- Change: Updated ajax endpoints to use wp functions.
- Change: Slight UI update to importer page in admin.
- Change: Removed ColorBox and replaced it with FancyBox V1 which is GPL compatible license and better than ColorBox.
- Change: Removed FancyBox and replaced it with ColorBox. All software needs to be GPL (or compatible license).
- Enhancement: Added ability to import images from Facebook into WordPress media library.
- Initial release.