Farticles makes your WordPress site fart when a page is scrolled.
Now with added backend and login farts
After installing, you will need to visit your general options page to set where you would like to fart.
- Frontend Farts
- Backend Farts
- Login Farts
Use with care as websites playing any kind of audio without a warning or permission from the user are generally obnoxious and annoying.
This plugin uses the fartscroll.js script from the onion
- Upload the ‘Farticles’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit settings -> general and set where your would like your farts to appear
Why doesn’t it work?
It does. You probably didn’t notice the instruction that you need to visit your general options page to set where you would like your farts.
What is fartscroll.js?
The fartscroll.js script came from the the onion
– More info
Whats with the base 64 stuff in the js file?
That is the MP3 & ogg audio
It doesn’t work on my iPad / iPhone
The fartscroll.js script could possibly be modified to replace the .scroll() function with a touchend event listener when an iPad is used. I probably won’t be looking at doing this anytime soon, so the plugin will not have any effect on apple iDevices unless someone really needs this and is able to sponsor the development of a new version.
The github page shows how to configure the number of pixels scrolled before a fart, so where are the settings?
The value is set to 400px by default. I might add a config page for selecting a value for the interval, but the default setting seems okay to me
I want my admin area and/or login page to fart as well
This has been added in version 1.1.0+
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Farticles” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Farticles” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- bugfix – fatal error on activation!
- fixed idevice detection
- Section added to general settings to enable frontend, backend and login farts
- Prevent the plugin scripts being added on iPad/iPhone/iPod. As the .scroll() function is used, iDevices will not trigger the farts, but in some themes the plugin caused an white div to appear under the footer.
- Initial Version