Farticles makes your WordPress site fart when a page is scrolled.
Now with added backend and login farts
After installing, you will need to visit your general options page to set where you would like to fart.
- Frontend Farts
- Backend Farts
- Login Farts
Use with care as websites playing any kind of audio without a warning or permission from the user are generally obnoxious and annoying.
This plugin uses the fartscroll.js script from the onion
- Upload the ‘Farticles’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit settings -> general and set where your would like your farts to appear
- Why doesn’t it work?
It does. You probably didn’t notice the instruction that you need to visit your general options page to set where you would like your farts.
- What is fartscroll.js?
- Whats with the base 64 stuff in the js file?
That is the MP3 & ogg audio
- It doesn’t work on my iPad
The fartscroll.js script could probably be modified to replace the .scroll() function with a touchend event listener when an iPad is used. I may have a look at doing this sometime, but now the plugin will not work on apple iDevices.
- The github page shows how to configure the number of pixels scrolled before a fart, so where are the settings?
The value is set to 400px by default. I might add a config page for selecting a value for the interval, but the default setting seems OK to me
- I want my admin area and/or login page to fart as well
This has been added in version 1.1.0
Contributors & Developers
“Farticles” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Section added to general settings to enable frontend, backend and login farts
- Prevent the plugin scripts being added on iPad/iPhone/iPod. As the .scroll() function is used, iDevices will not trigger the farts, but in some themes the plugin caused an white div to appear under the footer.
- Initial Version