All links pointing to an image will automatically opened in a responsive lightbox. You do not need to care about any tag attributes or link classes, the plugins takes care about that for you. When using the default [gallery] shortcode the images will get a “previous”, “next” and a slideshow button. The gallery itself uses your themes gallery style and keeps your common identity untouched.
Gallery management features
- Organize image galleries separated from posts or pages
- Centralized gallery management. Enjoy a single location where you can see and manage all your galleries
- Automatically generated index page with all galleries
- Every gallery has its own page with unique URL
- Taxonomies to classify your galleries: Categories, Tags, Events, Places, Dates, Persons, Photographers.¹
- Both, tags and categories, are disjunct from your post tags and post categories
- Supports gallery comments²
- Supports featured images as gallery thumbnails²
- Supports excerpts for your uploaded galleries² (the same way you already know from regular posts)
- Excerpts can contain a text description and a random set of preview images
- Supports WordPress user permissions and capabilities¹
- Supports the WordPress menu system and enables you to add all components of your galleries to any menu
- Import and export directly via the official “WordPress Importer” by Automattic Inc.
- Has “Previous” and “Next” buttons
- Shows image title and description
- Lightbox is touch-enabled, responsive and mobile-friendly
- Supports swipe function for touch screens – works with every smart phone and tablet
- Awesome image slideshow function
- Indicator thumbnail images below the full size image
- Uses the full screen size for presenting your image
- SEO conform URL structure for all kind of pages
- Supports WPML flawless
- Supports the WordPress theme template hierarchy and the parent-child-theme paradigm
- Supports user defined HTML templates
- Supports RSS feeds for the gallery index and for the comments of each gallery
- Custom thumbnail sizes¹
- Fully compatible with all existing themes with archive template
- WordPress filter to modify your galleries code and style
- Widget to display random images from your galleries in the sidebar
- Widget to display galleries as list in the sidebar
- Widget to display the gallery taxonomies as list or cloud in the sidebar
- Applies your themes gallery style
- Completely translatable – .pot file is included
- Includes a bunch of filters to give you the control of the behavior of this piece of code
- Clean and intuitive user interface
- Works great with WordPress Multisite
- Personal one-on-one real-time support by the developer¹
- No ads or branding anywhere – perfect white label solution¹
¹ Available in Gallery Manager Pro.
² Your theme needs to support this too.
Of course you can use “exclude” and “include” parameters in your [gallery] shortcode like you already know from the traditional gallery shortcode. The Gallery Manager plugin does not touch the mechanic of the default [gallery] shortcode.
You can find the settings page in your Dashboard -> Settings -> Galleries.
All plugin outputs can be changed via user defined HTML templates. Just put the templates you want to overwrite inside your theme folder (no matter if parent theme or child theme). You can find the default templates in the plugin folder in “templates/”. You can find a list of the available template files in documentation of the pro version. Please do not modify the original templates! You would lose all your modifications when updating the plugin!
Questions and support requests
Please use the support forum on WordPress.org only for this free lite version of the plugin. For the pro version there is a separate support package available. Please do not use the WordPress.org support forum for questions about the pro version or questions about my services! Of course you can hire me for consulting, support, programming and customizations at any time.
- This Plugin is available in English.
- Diese Erweiterung ist in Deutsch verfügbar. (Ulrike Seddig)
Translate this plugin
If you have translated this plugin in your language feel free to send us the language file (.po file) via E-Mail with your name and this translated sentence: “This plug-in is available in %YOUR_LANGUAGE_NAME%.” We will add it to the plug-in.
You can find the Translation.pot file in the language/ folder in the plugin directory.
- Copy it.
- Rename it (to your language code).
- Translate everything.
- Send it via E-Mail to < Translation [@t] DennisHoppe [dot] de >.
- Thats it. Thank you! =)
Limitations of the lite version
There are no real limitations in this version except the number of galleries you can organize within the gallery management tool. The maximal number of galleries is limited to three but of course you can use the traditional galleries in your posts and pages without any limitations!
Gallery Manager is available as premium plugin too. In the premium version you can use all options and features which are restricted in the lite version.
Possibly even more important, buying the premium edition gives you access to me and my support team. You can email us your questions about usage of the plugin or your problems in setting it up and we will assist you in no time!
- WordPress 4.4 or greater
- PHP version 5.5 or greater
- MySQL version 5.1 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you do not need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of Gallery Manager, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the plugins menu and click “Add New”.
In the search field type “Gallery Manager” and click “Search plugins”. Once you have found my gallery plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking “Install Now”.
The manual installation method involves downloading my gallery plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
Und so wird es auch bleiben…
Mich überzeugen die gute Integration und der erstklassige zuverlässige Support.
Vielen Dank für die schnelle Hilfe!
Durch schnellste Reaktion des Autors wurde uns bester Support geboten und das Plugin bietet eine wunderbare Galerielösung!
Intuitiv in der Bedienung und passt sich gut an das das Design an.
Sowohl die Lite-Version als auch die PRO-Version funktionieren tadellos. Sehr angenehmer Kontakt, schnelle Reaktionszeit. Vielen Dank dafür.
Excellent and very fast support
This plugin is great!
I use it mostly for the lightbox feature. It is the best responsive lightbox I have found yet. It’s super easy to install and use. Pretty much activate it and let it do it’s thing!
Contributors & Developers
“Gallery Manager” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed handling of hash links
- Updated lightbox library to 2.25.0
- Fixed base url issue when using domain mapping
- Updated lightbox library to 2.22.0
- Removed sortable and slidable boxes in options page
- Removed support for WP 4.3 and older
- Small code cleanups
- Updated lightbox library to 2.21.3
- Changed: filter priority for registering taxonomies (9)
- Changed: filter priority for registering post type (10)
- Fixed shortcode field with in gallery table in the dashboard
- Small code cleanups
- replaced core method “containsShortcode” by “hasShortcode” WP function
- Internationalized remove-image-warning in edit-gallery backend
- Updated lightbox library to 2.21.2
- Patched font icon implementation
- Updated lightbox library to 2.20
- Added font icon files for older browsers
- Refactored lightbox style sheet
- Changed: filter priority for registering post type
- Changed: filter priority for registering taxonomies
- Small code cleanups
- Changed gallery relation attribute to “data-gallery”
- Added: Image captions are shown in the lightbox now
- Fixed: Image titles for in-post-created galleries
- Added: Image alt-attribute as image title available
- Replaced index.php files by index.html files
- Improved the initial module loader
- Small code cleanups
- Fixed: limit in cloud widget
- Fixed: Widgets do not print a title wrapper when the title is empty
- Removed external auto update feature
- Patched: Widget use doing_action function now
- Added: Pointer cursor to images in the meta box
- Patched: defined static textdomain
- Patched: small style issues in the lightbox
- Fixed: problem with managing images without thumbnail version in the dashboard
- Fixed: link hash meta box will only be shown if the lightbox is enabled
- Fixed: hash links will only be considered if the gallery id is numeric
- Added: Shortcode can be find on the post type dashboard page
- Fixed: Galleries can handle more than 40 images now
- The plugin was completely rewritten