Facebook’s social plugins allow you to easily integrate Facebook’s social features on your blog. This plugin makes adding the social plugins to your plugin as simple as a few clicks.
The Like button can be added at the top or bottom of articles. You can control where and how it appears. It is also available as a widget.
The Activity feed, Comments, the Like Box and Recommendations are also available as widgets.
Please note that the Comments widget is available only if you provide a Facebook application ID.
- Extract and upload the directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Do you use iframes or XFBML?
Both. XFBML is preferred but requires that your provide a Facebook application ID (in the settings page). If no application ID is provided, iframes will be used.
- Why can’t I see the Comments widget?
The Comments widget works only with XFBML, which requires that you provide a Facebook application ID (in the settings page). If no application ID is provided, the Comments widget is not available.
- I have a problem with your plugin or would like to suggest a change / new feature. How?
Contributors & Developers
“Facebook Social Plugins” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Bug fixes
- Bug fixes
- Fixed a display problem with widgets using iframes
- Plugins are now always displayed in the blog’s default language (no support for multilingual blogs yet though)
- Added basic Open Graph tags to articles to improve how likes are displayed on Facebook
- Added the layout option for the Like button (“standard” or “button & count”)
- Added Like button at the top of articles
- Added options to choose where and how the Like button appears
- Added an option to hide Like button from specific pages
- Fixed a compatibilty problem with PHP 4
- Added XFBML support. A Facebook application ID must be provided in the settings page, otherwise iframes are used.
- Added the following widgets: Like Box, Recommendations and Comments
- First version: Like button and Activity feed