.. or ..
Want to boost your Facebook fan page subscription rate? This plugin makes what should be an easy task, but isn’t, an easy one. It enables you to use a shortcode to place a small like button where ever you like without the clutter: stream, faces, count, and all of the other junk that comes with the “fan page like box” ordinarily. Basically, it generates a fan page subscription button that looks identical to the one ordinarily only for sharing a page (as opposed to actually subscribing to the page).
- Create a like button that resembles the one that normally shares the current page (as opposed to subscribing to fan page).
- Put the like button where ever you want using the [facebooksimplelike] short code, or an easy-to-use sidebar or footer theme widget.
- Add the like button to the top or bottom (or both!) of all of your posts and pages with the click of a checkbox on the settings page.
- Create like buttons for as many different fan page destinations as you like.
- What are the requirements for this plugin?
A recent version of WordPress. The plugin doesn’t do anything too fancy, so it probably runs on older versions too.
- Do you do WordPress consultation work?
Absolutely! I’m a Zend Certified PHP 5.3 engineer, and can customize or create WordPress plugins and themes. Visit http://www.mdpatrick.com or email me (see support, below) for more details.
- Removed the DIR constant to increase reverse compatibility with older versions of PHP. (DIR is PHP 5.3 only. A little too fresh. Oops.)
- Added a nag notice in the admin area to remind you guys to rate the plugin after you’re done installing it.
- Added support for like buttons in the widgets area.
- You can now automatically add like buttons (for your fan page) to the top or bottom (or both) of all of your posts and pages.
- Added a demo area to the settings page.
- Fixed bug where multiple like buttons caused things to get weird.
- You no longer have to provide the profile id! This makes things MUCH easier.