If you’re like me, you’ll like to keep up with what your friends are up to but don’t always have time to check Facebook. Or maybe you’re just somewhere where access to the Facebook site is blocked. Work, school, etc.
This is a simple solution to bring the Facebook data to you. Using the dashboard widgets available in WordPress 2.5 and above, this plugin will process your Friends status updates RSS feed, your posted items feeds and/or your Facebook notifications feed, and add a widget for each to your WordPress admin dashboard. So now you can keep up with whats going on in your friends lives from anywhere without needing to access Facebook!
You can also customize the height and width of the widget, and the number of items displayed. Due to changes in the way WordPress handles widget sizes, the options you see will differ depending on what version of WordPress you are using.
As of version 0.9.8, you can now display your feeds on your blog sidebar! The widgets will appear on your appearance->widgets page once you have activated the plugin.
- How do I find my feed URLs?
Check the options page once the plugin is installed. Instructions for finding your feed URLs are near the bottom of the page
- Replaced functions deprecated in WP 3.0 – min. requirement now WP 2.8+.
- Posted items fix.
- Widget control issue fixed.
- Various other minor fixes.
- Fixed tags
- WPMU support
- DB options tidy up
- Plugin page settings link
- Now supports WP 2.7 and above
- when_posted() fix
- Added readme.txt changelog
- Updated “how to find your facebook feeds” help section
- Sidebar theme compatibility fix
- Formatting fix
- Fixed issue with posted items comments not showing, updated readme, new screenshot
- Sidebar widgets added
- Height settings available for pre & post WP 2.7
- WordPress 2.7 compatibility
- Added posted items, fixed some issues with readme file
*Added support for Dashboard Widget Manager
*Beta release (20/4/08)