Extending WordPress Search block with search results modifier fields.
What problem does it solve?
❓ Do you want to narrow search results to a specific post type only?
❓ Do you want to narrow search results to a specific category/tag/taxonomy term only?
Extend Search Block plugin provides additional search results modification fields solving these issues!
In Search block settings sidebar simply choose which post type should the search form look for. You can also choose a taxonomy and a dropdown with the taxonomy terms will be displayed in the search form on your website front-end to further narrow down the search results.
(Note that this plugin only alters WordPress Search block, not the PHP
Got a question or suggestion?
In case of any question or suggestion regarding this plugin, feel free to ask at support section, or at GitHub repository issues.
- Unzip the plugin download file and upload
extend-search-blockfolder into the
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Plugin works immediately after activation by adding new settings options to WordPress native Search block in block editor.
How does it work?
- Insert Search block into your page/post content (or into Site Editor).
- In the block settings sidebar open the “Search modifiers” panel.
- Tweak the settings to your needs. Note that resulting modifications only affect front-end of the search form, so you will not be able to preview them in editor.
- Save your content and preview changes applied to search from on your website front-end.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Extend Search Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Extend Search Block” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Please see the
changelog.md file for details.