A simple plugin to export WordPress post data into a tab-separated text file format (TSV).
This plugin allows you to copy and paste your data into Excel or download the data in a TXT file.
If your goal is to extract all the main post fields (including custom fields) into text with each row representing 1 post, then check this out.
- Export your data in an Excel-friendly format
- Easily move your posts in text between WordPress installs when used in-conjunction with CSV Importer ( https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/csv-importer/ )
- Make quick backups of your posts and save them in a text file
- Download your data as a TXT file
We built this plugin so we could have more control over our WordPress data without getting our hands dirty with XML and MySQL.
We support data freedom and believe all systems should make user’s data more accessible.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Click on ‘Export to Text’ in Settings
This was exactly what I needed to list all my posts on a single Google Sheets spreadsheet. I don’t know how well it works with Excel but it worked just fine for me on Sheets.
As for whether it still works or not, my latest WP version 4.7.2 did not suffer any issues with this plugin. Naturally, I tested on a local site before I tried it on my live site.
I do not know if it causes a conflict with other plugins. I only need to activate certain plugins on when I need it. Afterwards, I turn them off.
Would be nice to know if this plugin is updated though. Huge time saver.
Was the perfect solution and did exactly what I needed it to do, and it did it beautifully!
Tried this out, even though it hasn’t been updated in a while. Works great with 4.6.1. A very handy way to create lists of posts and other post types in order to create printable work lists and resort them.
Contributors & Developers
“Export to Text” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Limted really long field values as it was causing problems in Excel
- Adjusted date controls to make more sense
- Removed copy and paste functionality in favour of preview and download
- Added include and exlcude toggles
- Various bug fixes
- Minor bug fix on PHP closures
- UI redesign
- Modal for text box
- Bug fixes
- More export options and controls
- Re-build of plugin
- Major bug fix
- Ajax loading of post data
- Added the ability to download the data as a TXT file
- Added more messaging on how to post into Excel
- Added the post date field to exported data
- Fixed get_post_stati() bug
- Fixed problem with HTML rendering in custom fields
- Fixed more tag bug in post content field
- Complete upgrade of UI to match the existing WordPress export tool
- This upgrade now allows users to export all sorts of post types and statuses
- Bug fixes
- Auto select added to export window
- Attachment field removed
- Filters added for category, tags and custom fields
- Some new fields added to export like author and author email
- Initial release