The Expandable Paywall was developed to be a go to solution for anyone looking to implement a paywall solution to their
website. The core plugin has a simple hard paywall and uses the native WordPress authentication. Additional premium add-ons
can be installed which will expand the functionality for various paywall types, authentication types, and reporting.
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Browse to Admin->Expandable Paywall
- You can find out more on how to install by visiting https://pramadillo.com/documentation/expandable-paywall/
Do you offer installation and customization services?
Yes, if you need help with installation and/or would like additional customization work done for your website, you can fill out a request form at https://pramadillo.com/support
I wish this plugin had XZY feature
While I try to do my best to incorporate new features all the time, I implemented a new Feature Request board located at https://pramadillo.com/feature-requests
Contributors & Developers
“Expandable Paywall” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Expandable Paywall” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Feature – Added in meta box to posts that will generate a unique bypass link for articles to not show paywall.
- Feature – Added in new filter for allowing to programmatically bypass paywall
- UPDATE – Updated logic for when locks appear on articles
- Feature – Upon logging in the user will now be redirected back to where they were with ?cache_busting=RANDOM
- BUG FIX – Fixed item with archives not being excluded from protection level.
- UPDATE – Updated to the latest version of Freemius.
- BUG FIX – Fixed bug where roles were not being read in certain instances.
- BUG FIX – Fixed bug where Locks were not showing when enabled.
- UPDATE – Added more error reporting options to error_log
- UPDATE – When debug is turned on it will send email to site admin.
- UPDATE – Updated vendor libraries
- UPDATE – Added in new shortcode to protect pieces of content on any page/post. [expandable-paywall-protect] Protected Content [/expandable-paywall-protect]
- UPDATE – Updated all vendor libraries
- UPDATE – Code Cleanup and Refactoring
- UPDATE – Added in debug mode
- UPDATE – Added in new filter to allow set basic role
- BUG FIX – updated authentication to account for case-sensitivity in
- UPDATE – removed erroneous error_logging. 🙂
- BUG FIX – corrected issue with the Lock icon showing up on non-protected pages.
- FEATURE – Added ability to display a lock icon next to protected posts
- FEATURE – Added ability to fade out excerpt into paywall.
- FEATURE – Added ability to output Schema Structured Data.
- UPDATE – Updated to latest version of Freemius SDK
- UPDATE – Added a logging function to helper files.
- UPDATE – Added in more support for multisite installs
- UPDATE – Added in default styles to fade out the excerpt text
- FEATURE – Added in logout shortcode
- UPDATE – Updated Paywall CSS Styles
- BUG FIX – Corrected improper function calls when initially installing.
- Reworked a ton of filters and hooks. Updated all latest 3rd party SDKs
- BUG FIX – Corrected issue which registration would throw a 500 error behind the scenes.
- BUG FIX – Corrected issues with data sanitization.
- Initial Version