Convert your WordPress blog into a collaborative exchange platform. It is used on the exchange platform of Silex Labs in order to let people provide plugins, themes, addons to the organization’s projects, AMFPHP, Silex, Flog, Oof.
In Silex, the installation and update of the elements taken from the exchange platform is automatic. This is made possible by the use of this WordPress exchange platform plugin with the Silex exchange platform plugin, also free and open source, and distributed on the exchange platform of Silex Labs of course!
Here are the functionnalities provided by this plugin
- download webservice
- version control, update
The plugin creates another table in WordPress database and use it to store all files which are hold in the platform. This is used to resolve dependencies. So if a developper uploads a plugin which contains another plugin’s files, these files are not stored, but the dependence is stored instead.
The files, after they have been uploaded by developpers, are stored
- as a zip file, in a “download” folder in the exchange-platform plugin folder, for people to download it
- as an uncompressed folder, in a secure folder, not online, for the download service to provide the files one by one, without a possibility to execute php scripts
The plugin displays information about the elements
- in the posts
- as RSS feeds – for example the elements of the “fonts” category at Silex Labs platform: http://exchange.silexlabs.org/?feed=ep_posts_in_category&cat=52&format=rss2
- Items of a category ?feed=ep_posts_in_category&cat=31&format=rss2
- Children categories of a category ?feed=ep_child_categories&cat=5&format=rss2
- Root categories ?feed=ep_child_categories&format=rss2
- Download a file ?feed=ep_download&p=648&file=version.xml
- An item details ?feed=ep_get_item_info&p=648&format=rss2
- a smaller feed, i.e. the standard wp feed with in addition “post_thumbnail”, “post_images” and “comment_count” tags ?feed=ep_posts_small&cat=31&format=rss2
Look at the screenshots
compatibility with WordPress versions
We are looking for people who could do video tutorials and templates. Feel free to mail me (lex [at] silex-ria [dot] org)
* WP 2.x or 3.x
Go in your wordpress admin, in the “add plugin page”. Then search for “exchange platform” and click “install”.
Once activated, the admin page of the plugin is available in the “Settings” group of WordPress admin – see the screenshots of the prototypes
The settings are:
Secure folder path
- used to store the unziped files, which have been uplaoded by the users.
- This folder should not be accessible online, the elements in it will be accessed through the download service, so that php files are not executed.
- For example this could have the value, with a trailing slash or not
- C:\Users\lexa\Documents\repositories\exchange platform\download_folder
- Or this for linux or Mac servers
- This is a list of the folders which you expect at the root of the zip files uploaded by the developpers. It is a list of folder names, coma separated.
- For example this has these values for Silex Labs platform
Projects and versions
- lists of the projects/products your “app store” supports, and the related versions