Event-O-Matic has been rewritten for WordPress 4. View details below.
The Event-O-Matic is an amazing plugin that allows rapid publishing of event listings to your website. Event-O-Matic allows your users to submit their own events and gives you the ability to moderate these events as they arrive to your site. Edit or reject submitted events and add them to your listings for the ultimate social driven event service. Event-O-Matic is also fully integrated with Google Maps to give each event clear location information within your city. View more information here.
- Easy media upload for events.
- Sidebar widget with upcoming events listings.
- Admin Dashboard for quick status previews.
- Updated Google Maps Geolocation service.
- Exportable to iCal formats
Installing is simple.
- Upload directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Browse to Appearance > Menus in the admin and click add “Upcoming Events” to your menu.
- Place shortcode
[eom-form]in a page to display event submission form.
- How do I add a form for public event submissions?
Create a new page and add the shortcode [eom-form] to the page body.
- How do I add a listing of events to a page?
Previous versions used a shortcode for this, but now all you need to do is browse to Appearance > Menus and click the Upcoming Events checkbox under Event-O-Matic to add the events page.
- I don’t like how the events are styled. How can I change them?
The event listing page contains several classes that allow you to set styles within your own stylesheet. Override these classes to set your own visual style. View page source for details.
The plugin looked simple and easy to set up at a glance but I could never get the form short code to work. A glance at the support forum showed me that recent posts have gone more than a month without a response so I have decided to pursue a different solution instead.
If I could do this and take off the COMMENT Box, I would be thrilled.
Also need to also public to submit events.
Contributors & Developers
“Event-O-Matic” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Custom taxonomy update.
- iCal formats added.
- eom-event shortcode no longer used. Add event directly within the wordpress menu panel.
- select how many events to show on event listing page.
- Unique submission restriction enabled. Allow only one place with a similar name to exist at the same address.
- Filetype restriction for image upload
- Corrected event sorting within admin pages
- Place submission now available on public event pages. Enable by selecting in settings on admin menu.
- Import capability added.
- Internationalized formatting for plugin.
- Total rewrite to embrace custom post type capability.
- WP Prepare warning fixed.
- Media uploader modified and streamlined.
- Media uploader added.
- Major updates to event and venue management.
- User, Venue searching
- Preferred Eventes feature added
- Added event list image feature
- Major trunk rewrite, new features added and optimized for WordPress 3.
- Update JS
- Line breaks on event description.
- Updated shortcode output, fixing the “forms show up before page content” bug.
- Widget now links to events.
- Geolocation service completely rewritten. Now using Google Maps v3.
- Critical update to event pagination.
- Updates to js libraries.
- Updates to admin interface.
- Total rewrite of EOM. Code optimization, major rewrite of EOM class structure for more efficient processing.
- Public release to WordPress.org