Looking for an enhanced tool for displaying and managing various events within the site? Whether you have a single event you want to display on a calendar or multiple events per day, the Event Calendar plugin will help you to organize the events using elegant views.
You can set your event calendar to display with its all four views, Month, Week, List and Day, or choose only the view(s) you prefer. Moreover, the event calendar lets you select the ordering of calendar views.
Features of Event Calendar WD:
- Responsive design
- Unlimited number of calendars/events
- Structured event markup (microdata)
- Event categories
- Event tag
- Support for venues
- Support for organizers
- Google Maps integration
- Event search
- Social share buttons
- Month, week, day, list views
Upgrade to WordPress Event Calendar Pro to add features:
- Recurring events
- 5 beautiful customizable themes
- Posterboard view
- 4 days view
- Map view
- Add-ons support
- Pro support
Event Calendar WD Add-ons:
Event Tickets Add-on
Frontend Event Management Add-on
Google Calendar Integration
Export to GCal/ICal
This calendar plugin is created based on WordPress core standards. This means that each calendar/event is a custom post, the category is taxonomy and standard tags are applicable for each post. Thus the Event Calendar WD fully inherits the user and SEO-friendly standards of WordPress.
The Event calendar WD is responsive and runs very smoothly on all devices. Thus the site visitors will get a pleasant user experience when viewing the calendars using various mobile devices and tablets.
The color scheme of the event calendar is based on the theme and the category colors. To get access to the theme section of the calendar you need to purchase the Pro version of the Event calendar WD. In free version of the Event Calendar WD you can add colors to event categories. The events will display with the background color prescribed by the category.
Don’t want the user to leave the event calendar page without knowing the details of the interesting events? Well, the calendar plugin uses Ajax load for the events and all event details of the calendar are being displayed on hover.
The events should be repeated? Feel free to use the recurring option choosing the repeating period on your own. So you can easily manage recurring events with this event calendar. Note that this is an Event Calendar WD pro feature.
You can choose a venue for each event and mark up the location on Google Maps and display all of this on the event calendar. Whenever creating new events you have options of selecting from previously created venues, or to create a new venue. The Google Map integration helps to display the scaled option of the map. This will ensure that your guests will get full directions and never miss an event.
Need to mention the hosts of the event? The Event Calendar WD plugin uses organizer section for this exact purpose. The number of the organizers is not limited. The calendar events can be hosted by multiple organizers.
The Event Calendar WD can be also used as an integral part of your site, not simply as a plugin. Since the event calendars are being created as a custom post, there is a possibility to display the event calendars among the standard post listings such as related posts or latest posts.
If you think you found a bug in Event Calendar WD or have any problem/question concerning the plugin, please check out Support Forum in our website. If you do not find a solution here, do not hesitate to click here to contact us.
*If you need language which is not included in this list, please contact us and we will do the translation within 3 days. If you find any mistakes in the translation, please contact us and we will make relevant corrections within 3 days. *
Catalan (ca) by Vicenc Huguet
Croatian (hr) by Igor Weidlich
Dutch (nl_NL) by F. van Reem and Sabrina Gordijn
Finnish (fi) by Håkan Mitts
German (de_DE) by Ogi Djuraskovic
Hungarian (hu_HU) by Szabolcs Egerhazi
Latvian (lv) by Intars G.
Norwegian (Bokmål) (nb_NO) by Vegard Innerdal
Norwegian (Nynorsk) (nn_NO) by Vegard Innerdal
Romanian (ro_RO) by Oana Tarce
Slovak (sk_SK) by Marcel Króča
Swedish (sv_SE) by Magnus Juven
Event Calendar WD User Manual
In this section you will learn how to install the Event Calendar WD to your WordPress site.
Installing the plugin
Login to the Administrator Panel.
Navigate to Plugins>Add New>Upload.
Click on “Choose file” or drag and drop the zip file of the Event Calendar plugin.
Press “Upload and Install” button.
Click on “Activate Plugin” link.
When the installation succeeds you will be automatically redirected to the plugins page. If any issues occur during the process click here to contact us.
In this section you will learn how to create and manage calendars within the Event Calendar WD plugin.
Here is the list of all created calendars. You can add new calendars, edit, quick edit or delete any of the calendars. Bulk actions are also applicable to the calendar section.
Adding a Calendar
Title. Provide a calendar title. In Add Event section the calendar title will be displayed on a sidebar as a checkbox option.
Content. Fill in the description of the calendar. The calendar description is designed for the user to differentiate the created calendars.
Events. Select the events which should be included within the calendar. You can also create events and assign them to calendars from Add Event section.
Adding an event from calendar
Here you create calendar events straight from the event calendar itself. Upon clicking on the link “Preview/Add Event” a calendar will open up:
Date. You can either use the default date or change it using tabs and filling the date based on the date format for generating a calendar event.
Title. You can give a title to the calendar event, it will save a draft with the stated title. When adding the title, a pop-up will open up with a link “Editing details”. By clicking on it you can add details of the calendar event within Event section and publish it.
The opened calendar will display the selected theme of the calendar. You can change the selected theme using the drop-down below, update the calendar post and preview the newly selected theme of the event calendar by hitting the Preview/Add Event button once more.
Theme. Choose the theme of the calendar.
Clear cache. Use the option if you have integration add-ons of the Event Calendar WD. This clears the calendar events cache pulled from other external calendars.
Timezone. Set the timezone for the calendars.
Date format. Specify the date format for the calendar events.
Time format. Specify the time format for the calendar events.
Week start day. Choose the starting day for the week of the main event calendar.
Events Slug. Specify a slug for the page which will display the calendar events within a single list.
Enable comments for events. Check to allow the users to leave comments below the calendar.
Include events in main loop. Check the box to include the calendar event posts within the post listing on other WordPress pages.
Enable social icons. Choose the option to display social sharing buttons (Facebook, Twitter and Google+) in event, organizer and venue pages of the Event Calendar.
Creating/Modifying Events of the Event Calendar WD
In this section you will learn how to create and modify events included within the Event Calendar.
Here is the list of all created events referred to all calendars. You can add new events, edit, quick edit, duplicate or delete any of the calendar events. Bulk actions are also applicable.
Title. Set a title for the individual event which will be included in the event calendar.
Content. Provide the details of the calendar event.
Event Venue. Select the venue of the calendar event. The list should be created in advance to creating the calendar event.
Event Location. If the venue is not set, you can specify a new location for the calendar event using Google Maps feature. Note that the location will not be added to the Venue list.
Event Dates. Specify the starting and finishing dates for the calendar event using the datepicker. If the calendar event lasts all day, you can check the “All Day” option.
Repeat Rate. If the calendar event is recurring you can set the repeat rate and days for repeating the calendar event on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
Daily repeat: Here you can set the frequency of the calendar event repeat rate, e.g. Repeat every 4 days and set the finish date, e.g. Repeat until October 5, 2015.
Weekly repeat. Here you can set the frequency of the repeat rate of the calendar event based on the week and day of the week, e.g. repeat every 2 weeks on Mondays and set the finish date, e.g. Repeat until October5, 2015.
Monthly repeat. Here you can set the frequency of the repeat rate of the calendar event for the month. This can be as simple as setting the event on the same day of the month as the original event or repeating it every first/second/third/fourth+Week day option (e.g. repeat event 2 months on the first Friday of the month). You can set the finish date as well ,e.g. Repeat until October, 2015.
Yearly repeat. Here you can set the frequency of the repeat rate of the calendar event for the year. This can be as simple as setting the event on the same day of every year as the original event or repeating it every specific month+ first/second/third/fourth+Week day option (e.g. repeat event 2 years on the first Friday of the September). You can set the finish date as well ,e.g. Repeat until October, 2015.
Event URL. Set an external URL, which will be included within the calendar event description.
Event Video URL. There is an option of displaying a YouTube/Vimeo video within the calendar events. The absolute URL of video should be provided.
Calendars. Choose the calendar to which the event will be added to.
Organizer. Set the organizer of the event.
Featured Image. Similar to other WP posts each event calendar event can have its own featured image, which will be displayed with the event.
Name. Set a descriptive name for the event calendar category.
Slug. Set a slug using which all of the events using the event calendar category will be displayed.
Parent. Specify a parent category for the calendar event category.
Description. Provide a short description for the calendar event category. This is used for back end only.
Image. Set an image for the event calendar category page.
Category Color. Set a color for the category. The events of the category will be highlighted with the selected color. Keep this in mind when setting the color to make it a fit with the calendar theme.
Name. Set a name for the calendar tag, which will be associated with the event calendar.
Slug. Set a slug which will be used for displaying the events from the event calendar, which are using the stated tag.
Description. Provide a short description for the tag, which will help to differentiate the event calendar tags. Note that these are custom Event Calendar tags and not standard WordPress ones.
In this section you will learn how to create organizers/hosts for the calendar events. Please note that organizer appears as a hyperlink within the calendar event display, when hovered on the calendar event within the event calendar. By clicking on it, the users will be redirected to a custom post, where they can see the details of the organizer as well as the list of the calendar events hosted by the them.
In this section you can edit and modify the organizers. It is possible to apply bulk actions or make individual changes.
Adding an organizer
Title. Set a name for the calendar event organizer/organizer group.
Content. Provide the details about specific organizers, which will be displayed when the user navigates from the main event calendar to the specific organizer view.
Set featured image. Set an image to be associated with the specific calendar event organizer.
In this section you will learn how to create venues for the calendar events and how to mark up on the Google Maps. Please note that venue appears a hyperlink within the calendar event display, when covered on the event calendar. After clicking on it, the users will be redirected to a custom post, where they can see the details of the venue as well as the list of calendar events, which are organized at that specific location/venue.
Here you can edit and modify the event calendar venues. It is possible to apply bulk actions or make individual changes.
Adding a venue
Title. Set a title for the calendar event venue.
Content. Provide the details about the specific venue if necessary. This will be displayed when navigating from the event calendar to the specific venue page.
Venue Location. Fill in the address of the venue or drag and drop the Google Maps marker to the location, which will be displayed with event calendar events.
Set featured image. Set an image to be associated with the specific venue of the event calendar.
The Event Calendar WD comes with 5 themes. In addition to the original Event Calendar themes, there is a possibility to add a new calendar theme based on the Blue(Default) theme option. Here you can change the look of the theme- colors, font sizes, borders and etc. The newly created calendar theme will be saved as a separate theme and you can use it while creating new event calendars. The calendar themes are divided in subsections and apply to either the Event Calendar views or the widgets.
Publishing the Calendar into a Page/Post
To use the created calendars within a page or post you should use the shortcode. In this sense the Event Calendar plugin is similar to the other WP plugins.
Open the page/post from the back end. Press on the Event Calendar WD icon within the editor. The calendar shortcode with three tabs will appear. An alternative is copying the calendar shortcode from the All Calendars subsection (it will take default settings) and further editing it.
Select Calendar. Using the drop-down list choose the event calendar you want to add.
Events per page in list view. By default 5 events are being listed in list view. You can change the number to the desired quantity.
Enable Event search. Check the box to enable front end search for the calendar events.
You can set up to 7 different views for the event calendar display. By using the drop-down you can select an event calendar view for each tab. The order of the tabs displayed with the calendar will be based on the selection.
This section works with the Event Calendar filters add on. You can specify the list of the filtering options you want to display for the front end users when viewing the calendar. This will help the users to filter out the events of the calendar, they are looking for.
Publishing the Calendar as a Widget
The Event Calendar can also be displayed as a calendar widget. Here it will preserve all of the features available with the standard large calendar. You can choose the number of the displayed calendar events, can set up a calendar view (Month event calendar and calendar event Lists) and etc.
Go to Appearance>Widgets toolbar.
Find the Event Calendar WD widget and assign it to a custom widget position.
Title. Set a title for the event calendar widget. Alternatively, you can leave it blank.
Calendar to Display. Select the calendar which will be displayed as a widget.
Display events as. Here you can set the events to be displayed either in a Month (event calendar) or List view (listed calendar events).
Events per page as a list view. Here you can set the number of calendar events you want to be displayed when list view is in use.
Good plugin, great support!
After sales support is very impressive had a few issues setting up the plugin as it didn’t quite fit in with my wordpresss template the way I wanted. Contacted the support team and they went the extra mile and customized the code in the plugin for it it appear excatly how i wanted it to look. Now it looks and works like a Charm. Brilliant work and service! Massive shout out to the Dev team and the lovely support specialist Zhanna!!! Highly recommended, will purchase more of there products!
- Added: Overview page
- Changed: Deactivation
- Added: “Do not show past events” option
- Fixed: Minor bug
- Fixed: Bug on day view
- Added: Script keys
- Fixed: Bug on widget
- Fixed: Styles
- Fixed: Back link
- Fixed: Calendar search
- Changed: Featured plugins
- Fixed: Bug on widget list view
- Fixed: Styles
- Fixed: Clear cache option notice
- Added: Translations
- Added: Widget theme
- Added: Event description max length option
- Added: Google maps style option
- Added: Latitude,Longitude inputs in event-meta,venue-meta pages
- Fixed: Data structures
- Fixed: Bug on Repeating events
- Changed: Backend menu
- Changed: Organizers, venues cache
- Fixed: Venue edit in event
- Fixed: Gmap js issue
- Changed: Settings structure
- Fixed: Minor bug
- Fixed: Minor bug
- Added: Enable sidebar in event page option
- Fixed: Bug on Google Maps
- Fixed: Bug on Views add-on
- Changed: Featured themes, plugins pages
- Fixed: List view pagination
- Fixed: Week view start
- Added: Calendar start date option
- Added: Google Maps API Key
- Fixed: Translations
- Changed: Open Google map when Marker is clicked option
- Fixed: Mark all days of multi-day event
- Added: Show events detail on hover option
- Added: Grab the first post image option
- Fixed: Conflict with Page Builder by SiteOrigin
- Fixed: Bug on trashed events
- Added: Embed add-on
- Fixed: Bug on mini calendar
- Fixed: Bug on multi-day events
- Fixed: Bug on event pop-up
- Fixed: Bug on widget
- Added: Order of events archive page option
- Fixed: Minor bug
- Fixed: Translation
- Fixed: Minor bug
- Changed: Event popup position
- Fixed: List view events order
- Added: Organaizer on single event
- Added: Portuguese (Brazil) Translation
- Fixed: Description formatting
- New: Related events count option
- Added: Export to GCal/ICal add-on
- Added: Mark all days of multi-day event option
- Added: Config page
- Changed: Spanish Translation
- Changed: German Translation
- Changed: Featured plugins/themes page
- Changed: Event details popup direction for 4th day
- Fixed: Scroll issue in mobile
- Added: Event Subscribe add-on
- Added: Swedish translation by Marcel Króča and Slovak translation by Magnus Juven
- Fixed: Issue with featured image
- Fixed: Pointer bug
- Added: Wizard
- Added: Tour
- Added: Czech and Danish translation
- Added: Shortcode support on event description
- Added: Romanian translation (by Oana Tarce)
- Fixed: Bug for php version < 5.3
- Added: Latvian translation (by Intars G.)
- Fixed: Issue with venues dropdown in the back end
- Fixed: CSS issue in calendar views section for ‘right to left’ languages (e.g. arabic)
- Added: Croatian translation
- Added: Sample data
- Added: Option for no additional details text
- Fixed: Google structured data errors
- Changed: Event hover popup styles
- Added: New year promo notice
- Added: New theme
- Fixed: Date issue for php version < 5.3
- Fixed: German translations
- Added: Custom css option
- Added: Catalan language support(by Vicenc Huguet)
- Fixed: Views slider js issue
- Changed: Responsive pop-up styles
- Changed: Featured plugins
- Changed: Category page
- Added: Polish translation
- Fixed: Show events issue in list view
- Increased: Date range of events in venue and organizer pages
- Added: Event Tickets add-on
- Added: Date format option for list, week and day views
- Fixed: “Back” link in single event page
- Fixed: Shortcode default view issue
- Fixed: Norwegian language files
- Fixed: Dates translation issue in posterboard view
- Fixed: Venues show map issue for ajaxed themes
- Fixed: Views slider js issue
- Added: Day view option as default to widget
- Added: Close popup by escape
- Added: Finnish translation (by Håkan Mitts)
- Added: Mini calendar view for page
- Fixed: Norwegian language files name
- Added: ECWD Views add-on
- Added: Norwegian (Bokmål) and Norwegian (Nynorsk) languages support(by Vegard Innerdal)
- Changed: Added padding to event details for screens < 768
- Changed: Hide next/prev month names for screen < 768
- Fixed: More events popup bug
- New: Display Events in popup option
- Fixed: Sidebar css in event page for twentyfourteen theme
- Fixed: Calendar widget center css
- Changed: Notices show order
- Fixed: Events monthly repeat rate issue
- Added: Week view option to widget
- Added: Custom Fields add-on
- Added: Frontend events management add-on
- Fixed: Rewrite rules for custom permalinks structure
- Fixed: JS error in related events slider
- Added: Hungarian language support
- Added: Serbian language support
- Fixed: Translations for Dutch
- Added: Ajaxed themes support
- Fixed: Next month link issue
- Changed: More events dialog
- Added: Support/rate us messages
- Fixed: JS error in widgets page
- Fixed: Show event url issue
- Added: “noindex, nofollow” to calendar links
- Added: Open pop in new tab option
- Added: Japanese support
- Minor bug fixed
- Added: Themes folder
- Changed: Related events title style
- Added: Apply category color to event title in event page option
- Fixed: Time format issue
- Added: Show the repeat rate in event page option
- Added: Show AM/PM option
- Fixed: Conflict with Avada theme
- Added: Date to events link
- Changed: Calendar Add-ons page
- Changed: Calendar Add-ons page
- Added: Organizers and venues archive page order option
- Added: Show categories and tags in event page option
- Fixed: Featured image sizes in widget
- Fixed: Show google maps conflict with other plugins
- Fixed: Geolocation bug
- Fixed: Save organizer featured image issue
- Changed: Event page
- Added: Portuguese language
- New: Related events slider
- New: Enable/disable rewrite rule option
- Changed: Removed Add Venue link
- Fixed: Delete event from calendar page issue
- New: Events Filters in backend
- Fixed: Bug in shortcode
- Fixed: Bug in add/edit calendar
- New: Event template
- New: “Show map in event page” option
- Changed: “Repeat until” field is required
- Fixed: Minor bugs
- Fixed: Bug in Week view
- Fixed: Permalink bug
- Initial version