ETEvents is a plugin designed to work with the Event theme provided by Elegant Themes. The Event theme lacks any event registration management and relies on third party websites to maintain that information. The ETEvents plugins allows event creators the ability to permit users to register (book), cancel, and reserve entry into an event all without third party websites.
Feedback is greatly appreciated. I have no idea if this plugin is useful to users or not so be kind and let me know. If you have suggestions for a new add-on, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Want regular updates? Visit my blog at www.bonesnap.com
This plugin is available under the GPL license, which means that it’s free. If you use it for a commercial web site, if you appreciate my efforts or if you want to encourage me to develop and maintain it, please consider making a donation using Paypal, a secured payment solution. You just need to click the donate button on the the plugin overview page and follow the instructions.
Installation is very simple:
- Upload ETEvents to your websites plugins folder (
- Login to your WordPress Admin
- Navigate to Plugins
- Activate ETEvents
- There is a file:
page-bookings.ziplocated in the ETEvents plugin directory. Copy the file to your
- Create a page on your website called Bookings and use the page template Bookings Page from above.
- (Optional) For each Event posted – In the ET Settings for that post you can update Bookings URL to the URL of the Bookings Page created in step above.
- Will this Plugin work with themes other than the Event theme by Elegant Themes?
- Is there a plan to make this plugin work with other themes in the future?
- Can anyone register for an Event?
No. Only users with a valid email, first name and last name will be able to register for an event.
- Are the automated generated emails customizable?
- When an event is full and users are put in the reserved list – are they automatically bumped up in status when other users cancel their bookings?
No. I know. It was a lack of functionality on my part due to lack of foresight. Hopefully, future versions will allow that.
Contributors & Developers
“ETEvents” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Support for 4.6 WP Version.