Basic Wiki functionality for your blog.
- Content menu code based entirely on Matt Beck’s wiki-menus plugin.
- Footnotes code based entirely on Andrew Nacin’s simple footnotes plugin.
- Wiki style [[ … ]] interlinking based entirely on harleyquinedotcom’s Interlinks plugin.
- Capabilities/roles uses code by Justin Tadlock
- amended and hacked together by Rich Pedley
- Upload esimple-wiki to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or automatically install from the dashboard.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in the WordPress Dashboard.
- How do I list wiki pages?
Currenty to list all wiki pages I suggest creating a page called wiki, and using the
- What Wiki functiobality is there?
Currently not much. You can create a wiki page, a Table of Contents is created automatically from your headings (<h1>-<h6>). You can also use the shortcode
[ref]to enclose a footnote that will be appended to the bottom of the page. You can use
]]around a post title within your page and it will be automatically turned it into a link for you. You can also use the more advanced wiki style
[[Post Title|This is a link to a post]]. If a link is red then the page doesn’t exist.
- Does this work with WordPress MultiSite
It has not been tested, feel free to test and let me know.
- Where can I get support?
Available via the WordPress forums (please tag the post esimple-wiki) or via http://quirm.net/forum/
- Compatible with role manager plugins
Well sort of – to enable full wiki access you also have to allow user to edit_others_posts – this give access to the revisons. This is in addition to all the standard wiki capabilities.
- What is on your To Do list for the plugin?
Nothing! I’m trying to keep it as small and as lightwieght as possible, but feel free to suggest ideas.
Contributors & Developers
“eSimple Wiki” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- fixed adding capabilities to incorrect role meant administrators couldn’t see the wiki
- fixed issue with featured image
- fixed styles and scripts no longer load on admin side
- fixed oops.
- fixed contextual help issue.
- new compatible with User Role Editor or similar
- amended immproved CSS
- added shortcode to show if a page is in need of updating [wikiupdate]
- fixed minor bug fixes
- initial release