This is a simple plugin that will allow an admin to select exactly which Post types eShop should handle – adding custom types and/or removing default ones (page, and post).
It also fixes eshop_list_cat_tags shortcode by making it play nicely with Custom Taxonomies.
- Upload eshop-custom-types to your blog’s wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate the plugin in your Plugin Admin interface
- Go to Settings -> eShop Custom Types to add your custom Post Types and Taxonomies
How do I make [eshop_list_cat_tags] find my products that are under a Custom Taxonomy?
Short Answer: [eshop_list_cat_tags type=”<your custom taxonomy slug>” find=”<your custom taxonomy item slug>”]
Long Answer: Let’s say you have a store and that you don’t want to mix up your products and product categories with your Posts/Pages/Categories. You decide to create your own custom post type and also a custom taxonomy called “Product Categories” (with the slug “product-categories”), and then create a new product category called “My Cool Category” (with the slug my-cool-category).
Out of the box, eShop will not find your products if you try to use [eshop_list_cat_tags type=”category_name” find=”my-cool-category-name”]. The fix is to install this plugin, select your Custom Taxonomy, and save the settings.
You will then be able to call [eshop_list_cat_tags type=”product-categories” find=”my-cool-category”].
Contributors & Developers
“eShop Custom Types” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated localization
- Make [eshop_list_cat_tags] shortcode work nicely with custom taxonomies
- Fixed a bug that didn’t like it when people deselected every type and saved
- CSS changes in the admin interface to play nice with WP 3.4
- Added pt_BR and fr_FR Localization
- Minor Options page cosmetics
- Initial release