EmergencyWP is a dead man’s switch with integrated future messaging system. It checks on your life status on a weekly basis by sending emails that contain a confirmation link. Once clicked, the time frame for the next so called lifecheck starts again. If missed, the user will be reminded to confirm in a second mail. If that’s missed as well, the future messages will be send to pre-selected recipients.
Features of the plugin include:
- Weekly life checks
- Up to three recipients
- Unlimited messages
- Cron service
- E-Mail templating
- E-Mail log
Extend the functions with EmergencyWP Pro! – See all packages
EmergencyWP has a range of extensions that allow you to extend the power of the plugin. You can purchase all of these extensions at a significant discount within bundle packages or you can purchase extensions individually.
- Add-ons Overview – See all extensions that will secure your life even more.
- Trustees Add-on – Add a security layer to your installation by inviting trusted persons. Once they’ve accepted their role as trustees, EmergencyWP will ask them for the well-being of the user if he doesn’t respond to life checks anymore. It even has an inbuilt conflict management which will handle different feedbacks from trustees.
- Delivery conditions – Normally, messages will be sent once the time frame for confirming the life status has closed. With this add-on, you can plan this to be on specific dates or after a given amount of time only. This could be the case, e.g. if you want a future mail to be send to your wife on your wedding day one year after the passing.
- The Vault Add-on – With the Vault, you can store confidential information from more than 15 categories in your WordPress website. It will be secured with a highly secure, 256-AES encryption and will hide your credentials and login data from eyes of other WordPress users or even hosting providers and hackers.
- Zapier Add-on – Connecting EmergencyWP to the huge amount of Zapier apps will make life validations via email almost obsolete and only needed in a very last instance.
- Upload the plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder
- Go to the Plugins page and activate EmergencyWP
- Follow the instructions to create recipients and messages. If needed, create a separate cron job instead of using the WPCron.
What is a life check and what does it do?
A life check is a regular email that contains a confirmation link. Clicking that link or button will reset the EmergencyWP counter. If a life check stays unconfirmed for a preconfigured time frame (of your choice), a reminder will be sent. If the reminder is being ignored as well, EmergencyWP will trigger the famous process it was designed for (sending messages, delivering information, handling your assets – you name it).
Life checks can be setup between 24 hours and 6 months, while the time frames for the confirmation can be setup between 12 hours and 30 days.
How safe is that EmergencyWP process?
We had more than 650 beta testers using EmergencyWP since 2016. Since more than 36 months, we had no negative feedback on any process-related issues.
Software is, however, steadily improving and we need the feedback of your users.
Is it multisite compatible?
Not from the beginning. In order to have life checks working all subsites, you will need to have an extra add-on to make EmergencyWP multisite compatible. Get more information on emergencywp.net.
Contributors & Developers
“EmergencyWP – Dead Man's switch & legacy deliverance” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix email receipients and logs
- Fix compatibility with EWP-Pro
- Fix Contact selection for each message
- Fix Test email function
- Fix compatibility with our addons
- Public Release in WordPress Repository