Enhance the default WordPress embedding to get previews for any article,
including your own blog posts. You also get embeds for Gfycat, Twitch, Google
Maps, and Embedly’s growing list of 300+ supported
You can customize the style of the embeds, to optimize for darker WP themes,
alignment, and width. In addition, social buttons can be added around the embeds
to make it easier to share content from your blog posts.
For most music and video players embeds (YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, SoundCloud)
you can receive analytics on viewer behaviors. See which videos are being
watched and for how long.
Using it is as simple as the default WordPress embedding. Embed media by pasting its URL in a single line when writing a post:
This Embedly lets me embed everything great on the web!https://i.imgur.com/ywzpg.jpg http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BRZ9G0/ref=s9_pop_gw_ir01 http://azizisbored.tumblr.com/post/558456193/mtv-movie-awards-promo-who-is-aziz-ansari
The plugin automatically displays an embed of the media in the WordPress post
editor (for WP 4.0+).
Fair Warning: This plugin generates static HTML content for your posts. After you deactivate
the plugin, that HTML will still remain behind in all posts where the plugin was used to create
The embeds from the Embedly WordPress plugin include title and description meta
information that can provide relevant information to search engines about the
embeds to boost SEO.
took me 30 mins to set up an account and get the key to activate, and setting up stuff, but it shows blank...
I was really excited to find and use this plugin. The first time I sent a message to CS I received no reply. When I emailed again I was told, "There's no record of your email." Okay. Stuff happens... I then had another issue and was mid-thread and the embed.ly CS team simply stopped responding. I've followed up with additional messages but no reply. My suggestion? AVOID THIS PLUGIN!
- Improved plugin security.
- Embedly is not currently supporting historical analytics for embeds, but you can still see realtime views.
- Removed Embedly TinyMCE Button.
- Added Editor Preview URL functionality for all URLS (WP v4.0+)
- Redesigned Embedly Admin page
- All embeds will be generated as Embedly Cards
- Embedly TinyMCE dialog and dependencies managed server side.
- Refactor code to use class structure.
- Clean up deprecated SQL generation to make compliant with WP3.6 and above.
- Fix Add Post bug in IE.
- Enable Twitter WP OEmbed.
- Fixes issue with Embedly not loading on WP3.9.
- Load tiny_mce_popup_4_0.js when TinyMCE is v4.0.
- Upgrade Embedly TinyMce editor option to use Embedly Cards.
- Use TinyMCE provided by WP Core.
- Fixes issue with HTML editting and formatting.
- Change server side calls to HTTP to avoid issues.
- Disable rocketloader syntax.
- Update TinyMce Popup js to latest.
- Update to latest JQuery 1.10.2.
- Update Powered by link destination to code generator.
- Fix powered by logo for RSS generation.
- Add support for links to open in new window.
- Support for blogs using HTTPS.
- Steps for multi-site setup.
- Use wp-includes tiny_mce_popup.js
- Compatible with WP 3.5
- Providers save fix.
- Admin Redesign.
- embedly_settngs option for wp_options table.
- SQL optimizations.
- Fix for feature status check.
- Allow script tag embeds.
- Add Embedly providers on ‘plugins_loaded’ instead of ‘init’ and other tweaks
- Fixing the path to TinyMCE plugin.
Updated flow for previewing and updating embeds.
Improved previews for preview endpoint.
Better error handling for loading plugin in Post Editor.
Resolve issue with tag attributes getting stripped
Resolve quirks with height getting set incorrectly
- Resolve conflict with WordPress image editing
- Resolves Rich Editor not showing up.
Adds Embedly TinyMCE plugin to Rich Editor.
Support for Embedly Key to Embed “any” URL.
A few fixes.