Embed a Post within another Post or Page. Use double brackets and the post’s Slug (ex. [[about-us]]) to embed.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
[[post-slug]]in posts or pages where post-slug is the Slug of the post you want to embed
Q. Why isn’t my post embedding?
A. Your theme might not be using the_content() to display the page (get_the_content will not work).
Q. Can I change how the title or post looks?
A. Yes! How the embedded post looks can be changed using the CSS classes post_title and embedded_post.
Q. Can I stop a post from embedding?
A. Yes! Use backticks before and after the double brackets to display the original text. For example,
' will be displayed as
[[about-us]] rather then rendering the embedded post. This can be useful to show users how to use the plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Embed Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- The title of a embedded post can now be toggled. Set a custom meta field called
embed-hide-titlewith a value of true in either the child embedded post or in the parent page or post. If you set the field in a child post, then the title will not be displayed on any parent page. If you set the field in a parent, then none of the embedded posts on the page will have titles.
- Added backtick support to disable embedding a post. The original [[post-slug]] text will be displayed in a
- Embedded Titles now use the h2 element. Use the css class post_title to override the style of each title.
- All types of posted content are now searched for, including children of other posts.
- Embedded Post follows same style rules as standard posts
- Efficiency Improvments
- Fixed missing function for some themes
- Added ‘Edit this Section’ link next to post for editors
- First Release