This is a plugin to embed iOS(iPhone/iPad/iPod) app information in your post, just by pasting URL of the iTunes App Store app page.
The pasted URL will be automatically extracted with the app’s info, icon, screenshots, etc. It is similar to the WordPress’s oembed feature which extracts YouTube, Tweet, etc. URLs into better looking.
Because your post data has just URLs of iTunes links, you will possibly change to another plugin in future. This plugin won’t lock you in, different from the ones ask you to write in specific short-codes.
[Note] If using HTML editor, make sure the URL is not linkified. Only plain URL would be converted.
PHG(Performance Horizon Group) Network affiliaters can set your affiliate ID, to earn commissions. (If ID is not set, plugin author’s ID may be used to support the plugin development.)
Neither of this plugin nor we are affiliated with Apple or PHG Network.
- Tradedoubler affiliate is not supported now.
- object cache period, if used, is fixed as one day. (may be improved to be configurable later)
- Where can I go to join PHG Network?
- I want it shown in my language. What can I do?
If you want to add your language translation, what you need to do is add and edit new resource files on your local and check if it translates properly.
The translation resource files are .po and .mo files under languages/ sub-folder. For example, if want to make Italian,
are needed. You may copy the current Japanese .po, rename ‘ja’ with ‘it’, and edit .po file with appropriate translation tool such like PoEdit. PoEdit will create .mo from .po automatically when you save.
If you send me those po/mo files, I will include them and the plugin’s output will be displayed in that language, when the WordPress’s locale is set to the language.
- Some app info are not displayed in my locale
The plugin looks up the WordPress locale setting (by get_locale()). If you see info in other language you expect, you need to set locale correctly.
Also, if iTunes App Store does not have the app in the language/country, no info in the language/country are provided so it falls back into the global info(usually English, unless no English support exists).
- Apps supported languages are not shown fully but in 2 letter digit(e.g. EN, JA)
If you want it with longer language names in your language, you need PHP Intl extension. If Intl extension is on, languages will be displayed in long text in your locale.
- Apps price are not displayed in my locale
If you want prices shown in your locale, you need PHP Intl extension. If Intl extension is on, price will be displayed in your locale’s format.
- I do not like the current design
Please edit css/embed-iphoneipad-app.css at now. Please keep in mind the plugin-updates may erase your modifications. If you design a better one please send it to us, we may make your style as default.
- initial release
- screenshot file name typos
- mistakes on affiliate ID handling
- tested with WordPress 3.5
- added control-panel message that maximum embed sizes are now not configurable WordPress 3.5 or above.
- tested with WordPress 3.5.1
- added a plugin header picture
- fixed an error message when run on too old version PHP
- 1.0.5 update was incomplete.
- fixed unclosed div tag. The former version broke a layout on some themes. (thanks to snurnberg)
- added a guide tip to suggest to enable php_intl extension on admin panel
- “Download on iTunes” is replaced with the latest “Available on the App Store” button.
- The items “Seller” and “Size” are removed.
- fixed a bug that error message was doubly showed when affiliate id is invalid.
- fixed a bug which Japanese translation only worked on admin page
- fixed a bug that screenshots of iPad apps were not displayed.
- modified app icon size to 150×150
- use 150×150 image icon instead of larger one to avoid too big image on RSS reader
- confirmed compatibility with WordPress 3.6
- removed custom template form which mistakenly added in 1.1.1
- suppress rating stars in feed, to avoid too frequent updates on rss reader
- confirmed compatibility with WordPress 3.6.1
- support PHG Network affiliate effective on October 1, 2013
- Linkshare affiliate will be automatically switched after the date.
- suppress devices in feed, to avoid too frequent updates on rss reader