Features: * Ability to edit templates for emails to use in other plugins * Code developers can define the emails to use in their plugins and integrate it to this plugin * Send email funcion api to use in others plugins * Using variables in subject and description * Integreted the WYSIWYG used by Worpdress * Add menu on administration (Appearances->Email Templates) * Multi language (PO edit) support
- In admin panel, the administrator can do the follow:
* List email templates (by access to Appearances->Email Templates) * Edit email templates * Change settings
- Plugins developers
* Integrate this plugin by creating entries to the email templates table: There are 3 different data: languages, wildcards and templates. – The languages are the list of available languages for the templates and the way of add it is the follow: ‘german’ )); } ?> In the example above: “german”: must be replaced with the name (identifier) for the language
The wildcards are the list of available wildcards for the templates and the way of add it is the follow: ‘[example_wildcard]’, ‘description’ => ‘description of the wildcard’ )); } ?> In the example above: “example_wildcard”: must be replaced with the name for the wildcard “description of the wildcard”: must be replaced with the description
The templates are the list of templates with the related language and their list of available wildcards. The way of add it is the follow: ‘name_of_template’, ‘lang’ => ‘english’, ‘wildcards_list’ => ‘[name_of_wildcard_1],[name_of_wildcard_2]’, ‘subject’ => ‘Subject of the email to send [name_of_wildcard_1]’, ‘body’ => ‘Body of the email to send with [name_of_wildcard_2]’, )); } ?> In the example above: “name_of_template”: must be replaced with the name of the template. This must be unique in all the plugins that use this “Emails Templates” plugin. “english”: must be replaced with the language you want to associate the template to add. After in administration page you can add other translations to this template. “[name_of_wildcard_1],[name_of_wildcard_2]”: must be replaced with the list of wildcards that can be used in the subject and body of the template.
The elements of the list must be separated by comma and is recommended that the name begins with a “[” and ends with a “]”, because this values will be parsed to be replaced with the corresponding value. “Subject of the email to send [name_of_wildcard_1]”: must be replaced with the subject of the template. Here can be used the wildcards that are declared in the list of wildcards. “Body of the email to send with [name_of_wildcard_2]”: must be replaced with the body of the template. Here can be used the wildcards that are declared in the list of wildcards. Note: the template enter in this way will be the default translations for this template.
Call to email send function in context: The function to send emails is EmailsTpl_Emails::send_email, is declared and commented in file “/classes/emails.class.php”. An example of use of this function is the follow:
- Upload the whole plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- You must upload and activate the GPC Kits plugin (gpc-kits) in the the ‘Plugins’ page in the menu.
- Go to the ‘Plugins’ page in the menu and activate the plugin.
- This plugin is prepare to use the protocol SMTP, for that you must install and configure the plugin wp-mail-smtp: http://www.callum-macdonald.com/code/wp-mail-smtp/