This plugin allows you to send email reminders to any email address on the date and time that you specify. So, basically, all you have to do is to enter your reminder, enter the email address you’d like to send the reminder to, and when you’d like the reminder to be sent.
Translating and Contributing
Interested in translating this plugin to your language? Grab the development version where you will find an up to date email-reminder.pot inside the languages directory. Send any translation files to ryann @ pogidude.com and thank you!
A GIT repository is also available if you’d like to submit a patch.
If you enjoyed using Email Reminder and find it useful, please consider making a donation. Your donation will help encourage and support the plugin’s continued development and better user support.
- Download the zip-archive and extract it into your computer.
- Upload the entire email-reminder folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory in your web site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in your WordPress administration page.
You will find a new “Email Reminder” sub-menu under the “Dashboard” menu at the very top.
- The reminder does not get sent on the exact date and time or the reminder is not sent at all
The plugin uses WordPress cron scheduler (WP Cron) to periodically check for reminders to be sent. Unfortunately, WP Cron is not a real cron scheduler like the one found in Linux operating systems which can run commands and scripts on time. WP Cron depends on users visiting your web site in order to trigger WP Cron. This means that by default, reminders won’t always get sent on the exact time you want. This is most noticeable on sites with very low traffic.
But, there is a way to work around this problem by leveraging real Linux cron instead. Find out how by reading this tutorial
- I don’t see the reminder on my inbox
Check in your spam folder. Sometimes, email messages are marked as spam by your email provider especially if this is the first time you’ve used the plugin.
Your plugin is wonderful !!
Can you add id search function ? Because when 100 or 200 reminder , and if we want edit or delet, it is problem to find wanted remender.. thank you for nice and wonderful plugin.
I hope you develop and update everytime !
Have a nice day !
Contributors & Developers
“Email Reminder” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
* Make strings translateable
* Add NL .mo file
* Add .pot file
- UI updates
- [fix] call to WPDB::prepare() method not passing required number of parameters
- Added edit and delete reminders functions.
- Added list of sent reminders.
- Separated email headers with a CTRLF (\r\n) sent to wp_mail()
- Original Version.