Add a contact button to your blog or website’s sidebar. This widget allows your visitors to automatically stay in touch and communicate with you thru text messaging, email, phone, address, instant message, social networking sites like facebook, linkedin, Myspace, etc. and more.
Now with analytics to measure how you are engaging with your visitors!
Try the contact button -> demo on ContactMeButton.com
1st tab – Email Widget 2nd tab – Chat Widget 3rd tab – Text Messaging 4th tab – Contact Info
With this widget your readers and visitors can send you an Instant Message, email, and view your contact information. Using this widget you will only need to update your information from one location instead of updating everywhere. This widget has privacy built in and you can control who is allowed to view your information.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload ‘contact-button-sidebar.php’ or ’email-chat-contact-button’ directory to
- From the dashboard select the plugins menu on the left side.
- Click the Activate action link to activate the widget.
- Click the “Widgets” under contact button plugin.
- Drag and drop “contact button sidebar” onto your sidebar.
- Change “YOUR-CONTACTMEBUTTON-USERNAME-HERE” to your ContactMeButton.com username. Note ContactMeButton.com is where you add your email, instant message, and contact info
- Change “YOUR-NAME-HERE” to the name you want to display with your button i.e. your name, company, website name, nick name, etc.
- Click the save changes button.
Now the button should appear on your sidebar. The final step is to configure your button. You will need to log into ContactMeButton.com to complete this. Once you log into your account you will see 3 tabs.
The first tab is email and this is where your email will be sent through the button. To add your email click on the link “Click Here To Add Email”. You can add multiple email addresses.
The 2nd tab is “instant messaging” and this is where you will enter your Instant Message username. The only instant messaging we support are google and AOL/AIM. After adding your instant message usernames anyone can begin chatting with you through your contact button which will be sent to the specified username at AOL or google. If you don’t have an AOL or Google account you can signup free. Click here for Google and/or AOL
The 3rd tab is “Text Messaging” and this is where your visitors can text message you.
The 4th tab is “contact info” and this is where you can enter additional info like phone, address, and so forth.
Also our getting started guide is located here
Please visit http://www.contactmebutton.com if you have any questions. Thank you!
Chatwing provides an excellent Free chatroom and shoutbox for any website or blog. It takes a moment to implement and has numerous features.
Chatwing does not require a wordpress plugin it is very simple to use.
Contributors & Developers
“Email Chat Contact Button Sidebar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Initial release
- Fixed trial signup page.
- Added Analytics
- Centered contact button on sidebar
- Fixed so the button doesn’t open automatically if checked.
- Added Text Messaging