Based on the brilliant script Elevator.js. How can you resist the familiar notes and smooth ride we’ve all come to expect on a quality elevator ride?
Just activate and enjoy!
demo – at the bottom of the page select ‘Back to Top’ link.
You can also customize the appearance of Elevator with CSS. Need help? See the Elevator Style Guide.
Elevator.js created by Tim Holman.
Audio (sourced from BenSound) is Creative Commons.
Plugin Repo Banner Image, Background (sourced from Luigi Anzivino) is Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International.
- Install Elevator either through your WordPress Plugins screen or by uploading the files to your server.
- Activate Elevator.
- Enjoy the elevator ride!
Elevator uses the wp_footer(); tag to hook into. If your theme doesn’t include this tag somewhere (it’s most commonly found in the footer.php template file, just before the closing tag), then Elevator can’t work it’s magic. Check your theme first if Elevator’s ‘Back to Top’ button isn’t appearing on the page after you’ve activated the plugin.
Audio not playing
Some browsers now mute all sounds by default. You may need to adjust your browser’s settings to allow the audio to play, or take another action on the page first before using the Back to Top link.
As of 2020, this will most often affect visitors using Firefox (all platforms) and Chrome (Android being most common). You should still expect the scroll to top functionality to work even in the absence of sound.
I’m working on a solution to this issue in a future update.
Contributors & Developers
“Elevator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Elevator” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Version bump, compatible with WordPress 6.0.1
- Version bump, compatible with WordPress 4.8.1
- Version bump, compatible with WordPress 4.5
- Version bump, compatible with WordPress 4.4
- Fix elevator-music.ogg audio issue at start
- Replace .MP3 files with .OGG to resolve occasional issue of music not playing in Chrome and Chromium browsers.
- Fix version number for dependencies
- Version bump, compatible with WordPress 4.3
- Remove curly quotes in FAQ
- Initial Release