The problem: SMTP email delivery by some hosting providers can be extremely slow. This plugin reconfigures the wp_mail() function to send email using HTTPS (via Elasticemail API) instead of SMTP and creates an options page that allows you to specify various options.
Plugin Settings Options:
- Enable or Disable Plugin.
- Elasticemail API username
- Elasticemail assigned API Key
- Elasticemail REST API URL
- Your account channel variable(optional)
- Upload to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Elastic Mail Settings by going to the Dashboard, then Settings and clicking on Elastic email API
- Click “Save Settings”
- Will this plugin work with WordPress versions less than 2.7?
No. WordPress 2.7 changed the way options were updated, so the options page will only work on 2.7 or later.
- Can you add feature x, y or z to the plugin?
Short answer: maybe.
By all means please contact me to discuss features or options you’d like to see added to the plugin. I can’t guarantee to add all of them, but I will consider all sensible requests. I can be contacted here:
Contributors & Developers
“ElasticEmail Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Initial approach, copying the wp_mail function and replacing it