This plugin is part of a suite of plugins created by Vernon Systems Ltd., which give you the power to embed eHive functionality into your WordPress website.
This widget plugin provides a simple search form that can be embedded into any widget area on your site. It works with the eHive Search plugin to give your site the potential for eHive search capability on every page.
Because this is a widget plugin it can be added to sidebars, footers or any other page section that allows widgets. This also means the widget’s functionality can be made available on every page of your site.
Before you install this plugin you will need to install the eHive Access and eHive Object Search plugins. While eHive search will function and return results without the eHive Object Details plugin, it is likely that you will want to install the eHive Object Details plugin so your users can click through and view the Object Record in detail.
Get more from the eHive plugin suite
Other plugins in the suite include:
- eHive Account Details – A plugin for displaying eHive account information.
- eHive Object Comments – Enables users to add comments to Object Records from your site.
- eHive Object Details – A plugin for displaying Object Record detail pages.
- eHive Objects Image Grid – Displays a grid of images from eHive filtered by certain criteria.
- eHive Objects Tag Cloud – Displays a tag cloud from eHive.
- eHive Search – Allows you to search eHive.
- eHive Objects Gallery widget – Provides a gallery of Object Records that can be placed in your sites widget areas.
- eHive Object Tags widget – A widget that displays tags for an Object Record.
- eHive Objects Tag Cloud widget – Allows you to display a tag cloud in a widget area on your site.
Q. What is eHive?
A. eHive is an online collections management software package. See more at What is eHive?
Q. What do these plugins do?
A. The eHive plugin suite gives you the ability to provide eHive functionality to your site’s visitors. This means that you can search and display eHive records, leave comments that are visible also in ehive and add and remove tags to records where the record owner has given permission to do so. You can filter the search results by account or community if you want to display only records from a particular source. We also provide plugins to do other nice things like display grids of interesting, popular or recent images added to eHive; display galleries of other objects by the same account as a record you are viewing etc.
Q. How do I get an API Key?
A. To get an API Key you will first need an active eHive account. If you don’t have one you can sign up for an account for free. Once you have an account you can navigate to the “Edit My Profile > Api Keys” page and create a new Key.
- First stable release of the eHive Access plugin.