This plugin is part of a suite of plugins created by Vernon Systems Ltd., which give you the power to embed eHive functionality into your WordPress website.
This widget plugin allows you to display a gallery of Object Record images that are grouped by Object Record type. You can filter the Objects displayed by eHive account or community. This can serve to promote other Objects in a collection.
Because this is a widget plugin it can be added to sidebars, footers or any other page areas that allows widgets. This also means the widget’s functionality can be made available on every page of your site.
Before you install this plugin you will need to install the eHive Access and eHive Search plugins.
Get more from the eHive plugin suite
To enhance the page you embed this plugin on you can also install the eHive Object details plugin to allow your users to click through to view the Object Records in detail.
Other plugins in the suite include:
- eHive Account Details – A plugin for displaying eHive account information.
- eHive Object Comments – Enables users to add comments to Object Records from your site.
- eHive Object Details – A plugin for displaying Object Record detail pages.
- eHive Objects Image Grid – Displays a grid of images from eHive filtered by certain criteria.
- eHive Objects Tag Cloud – Displays a tag cloud from eHive.
- eHive Search – Allows you to search eHive.
- eHive Objects Tag Cloud widget – Allows you to display a tag cloud in a widget area on your site.
- eHive Object Tags widget – A widget that displays tags for an Object Record.
- eHive Search widget – A widget plugin that provides access to eHive Search from a widget.
Q. What is eHive?
A. eHive is an online collections management software package. See more at What is eHive?
Q. What do these plugins do?
A. The eHive plugin suite gives you the ability to provide eHive functionality to your site’s visitors. This means that you can search and display eHive records, leave comments that are visible also in ehive and add and remove tags to records where the record owner has given permission to do so. You can filter the search results by account or community if you want to display only records from a particular source. We also provide plugins to do other nice things like display grids of interesting, popular or recent images added to eHive; display galleries of other objects by the same account as a record you are viewing etc.
Q. How do I get an API Key?
A. To get an API Key you will first need an active eHive account. If you don’t have one you can sign up for an account for free. Once you have an account you can navigate to the “Edit My Profile > Api Keys” page and create a new Key.
- Allow public, private and any content for interesting, popular and recent searches.
- First stable release of the eHive Access plugin.