This plugin is part of a suite of plugins created by Vernon Systems Ltd., which give you the power to embed eHive functionality into your WordPress website.
This is the base plugin for the suite and should be installed before you add any others eHive plugins. To get set up correctly you will also need to acquire an eHive API Key so you can securely access content from eHive. An API key can be generated by clicking the “Create Key” button in the “Edit My Profile > Api Keys” page of your eHive Account.
After installing this plugin you can install any of the other eHive plugins to begin adding eHive functionality to your WordPress website.
Get more from the eHive plugin suite
Other plugins in the suite include:
- eHive Account Details – A plugin for displaying eHive account information.
- eHive Object Comments – Enables users to add comments to Object Records from your site.
- eHive Object Details – A plugin for displaying Object Record detail pages.
- eHive Objects Image Grid – Displays a grid of images from eHive filtered by certain criteria.
- eHive Objects Tag Cloud – Displays a tag cloud from eHive.
- eHive Search – Allows you to search eHive.
- eHive Objects Gallery widget – Provides a gallery of Object Records that can be placed in your sites widget areas.
- eHive Objects Tag Cloud widget – Allows you to display a tag cloud in a widget area on your site.
- eHive Object Tags widget – A widget that displays tags for an Object Record.
- eHive Search widget – A widget plugin that provides access to eHive Search from a widget.
Q. What is eHive?
A. eHive is an online collections management software package. See more at What is eHive?
Q. What do these plugins do?
A. The eHive plugin suite gives you the ability to provide eHive functionality to your site’s visitors. This means that you can search and display eHive records, leave comments that are visible also in ehive and add and remove tags to records where the record owner has given permission to do so. You can filter the search results by account or community if you want to display only records from a particular source. We also provide plugins to do other nice things like display grids of interesting, popular or recent images added to eHive; display galleries of other objects by the same account as a record you are viewing etc.
Q. How do I get an API Key?
A. To get an API Key you will first need an active eHive account. If you don’t have one you can sign up for an account for free. Once you have an account you can navigate to the “Edit My Profile > Api Keys” page and create a new Key.
- Improved logging of errors when eHive API calls fail.
- Security vulnerability fix in eHive.com.
- This is a mandatory upgrade to allow continued access to eHive.com via the API and WordPress plugins.
- Bug fix, query string in search request encoded correctly for searches containing spaces and quotes.
- Bug fix, harded coded the options value in the $oauthTokenCallback function line 383 of EHiveAccess.php so the plugin will work with PHP version 5.3.13 and newer.
- Added caching for GET requests using PHP Memcache to improve page response times.
- Added version control for plugin options. Defaulting of new options without changing existing options is now possible.
- Added uninstall script to remove options from the database when the plugin is deleted.
- Upgraded ehive_api_client-php library to version 2.1.0
- eHive API updated for tracking id or credentials authentication.
- Allow public, private and any content for interesting, popular and recent searches.
- Added option to search the private index for a Site type configured as Account.
- Upgraded to ehive_api_client-php lib 2.0.1
- First stable release of the eHive Access plugin.