- Adds timer and allows visitors to save their times.
- Lists the top times for each crossword (you control how many are shown).
- Allows you to choose whether visitor links are nofollow (on by default) to help prevent spam.
- Allows you to delete visitor times in the case of spam entries.
How To Use (once plugin is installed):
- Upload the resulting html file to a publicly accessible location (ie the wp-content folder on your server).
- Add a shortcode to a post in the following format:
[eclipse-crossword url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/crossword01.html"](where the URL points to the location of the html file).
It is recommended that crosswords published via this plugin NOT be used for competitions, etc. Although all consideration has been given to security, it may be possible for people who know what they are doing to fake best times.
- This plugin requires WordPress 2.8 or above.
- I am not currently aware of any compatibility issues with any other WordPress plugins.
This plugin was created for Reach88 from Zhu Zhu Pets Hamsters, who was looking for a way to add a crossword puzzle to Google Blogger. I couldn’t do that, but I could work out how to do it on WordPress and give him a place to host his Zhu Zhu Pets Crossword Puzzle.
- Download the plugin file and unzip it.
- Upload the
eclipse-crossword-integrationfolder to the
- Activate the Eclipse Crossword Integration plugin within WordPress.
Alternatively, you can install the plugin automatically through the WordPress Admin interface.
- How do I create a crossword using Eclipse Crossword?
This plugin is not affililiated with Eclipse Crossword and it is beyond the scope of this plugin to describe how to use the Eclipse Crossword software. Please see the Eclipse Crossword website for more information on using their software, or use the tutorial built into the software (available via the Help menu).
- Which version of Eclipse Crossword does this plugin work with?
This plugin is designed to work with Eclipse Crossword 1.2.57. I will attempt to update the plugin if newer versions of Eclipse Crossword are released.
Contributors & Developers
“Eclipse Crossword Integration” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed: Parameter to limit the number of times shown on a post wasn’t being applied (ie to limit times shown).
- Fixed: User time wasn’t shown on completion.
- Fixed: Settings page not displaying the saved parameters properly.
- Initial Release