The Eclipse Crossword Integration WordPress plugin allows crossword puzzles created by the free Eclipse Crossword software to be published via WordPress.
- Adds timer and allows visitors to save their times.
- Lists the top times for each crossword (you control how many are shown).
- Allows you to choose whether visitor links are nofollow (on by default) to help prevent spam.
- Allows you to delete visitor times in the case of spam entries.
How To Use (once plugin is installed):
- Upload the resulting html file to a publicly accessible location (ie the wp-content folder on your server).
- Add a shortcode to a post in the following format:
[eclipse-crossword url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/crossword01.html"] (where the URL points to the location of the html file).
It is recommended that crosswords published via this plugin NOT be used for competitions, etc. Although all consideration has been given to security, it may be possible for people who know what they are doing to fake best times.
- This plugin requires WordPress 2.8 or above.
- I am not currently aware of any compatibility issues with any other WordPress plugins.
This plugin is officially not supported (due to my time constraints), but if you leave a comment on the Eclipse Crossword Integration Support page or contact me, I should be able to help.