Improvements made by the plugin:
- unmasks password inputs on focus (login and admin sections)
- enables “remember me” checkbox by default
- sets login interval to 1 year
- hilites the focused inputs (login and admin sections)
- install and activate the plugin on the Plugins page
- use your site more easily
- Why password should be unmasked?
There will be less mistakes during login if user will see the password while typing. Jacob Nilsen about stop masking the password
- Why “remember me” should be enabled by default?
- Why do I need to increase login interval?
By default WordPress sets login interval to 14 days.
It is annoying for the users to enter login credentials every 14 days and setting login interval to 1 year more usable.
If user forgot to logout on public computer it is possible to visit user’s profile via link: http://site.com/wp-admin/profile.php and click “Log Out of All Other Sessions” button.
I always hate that masked password not only in WP, but in all softwares and sites around the world. And all this time I think that advantages of this black-dots system is less than disadvantages. One time I even self-banned myself for 48-hours from logging into site, because I am typing password into different keysheets (not in latin-letters, but cyrilic). If only I have a choice TO SEE what exactly I am typing on, not guessing – that would be awesome.
And now, thanks to this plugin, logging in WP-dashboard will be a little better and easier.
Thanks, developer! =)
Contributors & Developers
“Easy-to-use” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
2.0 – 2015-08-12
- code refactoring (OOP approach instead of procudural)
- add assets only in login and admin sections (removed from frontend to speedup websites)
1.8 – 2015-06-07
- increase login interval to 1 year
1.7 – 2014-06-11
- unmask password fields loaded via ajax (thanks to Zane Matthew – the author of the zM AJAX Login & Register plugin)
- enable by default ‘remember-me’ checkbox loaded via ajax
1.6 – 2014-05-27
- add unmasking of the password field and highlighting of the focused inputs to frontend section (add plugin scripts and styles to frontend section too)
- code refactoring
1.5 – 2014-04-12
- unmask password fields only on focus
1.4 – 2014-02-09
- minor updates
1.3 – 2013-07-14
- code refactoring
1.2 – 2012-10-28
- minor changes
- unmasking password inputs everywhere in admin section
- highlighting the focused inputs everywhere in admin section
- initial release