Add social sharing buttons to your posts without slowing your website down.
This plugin’s sharing buttons require no images or font icon files to download, and only an optional 4kb CSS file.
Add buttons to share your posts for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and Email. Automatically display buttons in the header or footer of your posts, or use shortcodes for including them within your content or template files.
If you have image heavy content, add share buttons directly on your posts’ media, as seen on popular sites such as Buzzfeed.
For advanced theme developers, default plugin styles and scripts can be disabled. Include the plugin’s CSS or Sass in your theme’s styles to reduce additional HTTP Requests. Or completely customize the look and feel of the buttons with easily style-able HMTL and class names.
Installing “Easy Social Share Buttons” can be done either by searching for “Easy Social Share Buttons” via the “Plugins > Add New” screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ screen in your WordPress dashboard
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
This plugin is really light weight and simple as its title.
I installed it on my blog – bloggingbook and few other blogs. its not affecting on loading speed of blog.
A simple, yet effective plugin for social sharing. A+
Thank you for update.
Good job, its really the best simplest plugin of share.
Right after installation and activation it totally screwed up my hompage 🙁
Contacted support with no response. Found after reading that the plug-in is suppose to work automatically but it does not.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Social Share Buttons” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated social icons
- Fixed Facebook popup not automatically closing bug
- Disabled auto adding share buttons to all post types’ content besides ‘post’
- Updated plugin to request Facebook Graph API data using app access token
- Fixed share counts not working in certain https environments
- Updated Facebook share count API endpoint
- Download share counts via ajax to reduce page load speed
- Removed twitter share count. Twitter no longer has API for that information
- Added filters for greater customization
- Style updates to make plugin compatible with Twenty Sixteen theme
- Fixed styles to make plugin compatible with Twenty Twelve, Twenty Thirteen, and Twenty Fourteen themes
- Added option to show button text without share count
- Fixed Facebook bug, when trying to share posts with featured images
- Updated documentation on how to correctly display shorcode within theme files
- Fixed debug notices when unselecting all multiple checkbox options
- Fixed bug to prevent buttons from showing up in excerpts
- Initial release