Many churches struggle with the technical expertise to upload sermons onto their websites. Easy Sermon solves that problem by making it really simple to upload sermons from within the WordPress backend. It creates its own page where sermons will be archived and then allows you to enter all the details for each sermon.
Because each sermon is created as a special kind of WordPress page, it is easy to display recent sermons on the front page of your website or elsewhere by putting a few simple lines of code into your theme. The goal of Easy Sermon is to be as helpful as possible whilst keeping life simple for you.
Easy Sermon is offered entirely for free for you to do what you like with it. I give a substantial amount of time to developing it and making sure it is as easy. However, it is also my job as a way of paying my way through studying theology at University and hopefully becoming a pastor. Therefore, if you have benefited from Easy Sermon, I urge you to support my studies and future vocation by donating generously and helping me pay my bills – even something as small as 40 dollars, 30 pounds or 35 euros will make a huge difference. Thank you for prayfully considering this.
Requires WordPress 3.3 and PHP 5.
* Upload sermons onto your WordPress website
* Associate sermons with specific authors
* Categorise sermons to allow for different sermon series
* Customise themes to perfectly integrate into your website.
* Creates a podcast-ready RSS feed for importing into programs like iTunes
* Allow inclusion of Bible verses
If you have suggestions for a new add-on, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want regular updates? Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/davidbunce
Installation of Easy Sermon is easy.
- Upload the
easysermonfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress. THis creates all the pages necessary and allows you to begin to add sermons.
- I can’t see the sermons on my website
The plugin works on the assumption that there is no other page called ‘sermons’. It then creates this page and adds all the content there. If you already have a page called ‘sermons’, then there will be a clash and the plugin won’t work. The best solution is to rename your other page’s title and slug. The worst solution is to hack every file in the plugin!
- How can I have more control over the way that Easy Sermon displays my sermons
If you are comfortable editing theme files, Easy Sermon has a template file that it uses to display its contents: ‘archive-sermons.php’. You can create this files in your active theme directory to have complete control over the way information is
How can you even view sermons on this.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Sermon” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Easy Sermon first launched as WordPress plugin.