The DPD-Cart Plugin is an ecommerce solution to sell downloads with DPD from your WordPress (2.8+) blog. This plugin requires an active DPD account to use.
To get a DPD account visit: http://getdpd.com
How it Works:
The DPD-Cart plugin connects via an API to the DPD system to automatically pull your available storefronts and storefront products in to your WordPress blog. From there, you can specify which storefront to associate with your WordPress blog, add a view cart / checkout button to the WordPress sidebar using a provided widget, and insert DPD add-to-cart buttons to any WordPress post or page by simply selecting the product you want from your list of configured and available products.
- Communicates automatically via a DPD API
- Selectable DPD Storefront to associate with your blog
- Selectable button designs to match your blog, with the ability to add custom buttons
- Easy add-to-cart button insertion on posts and pages using a DPD-Cart editor button and simple dropdown list
- Customizable sidebar widget with View Cart / Checkout button
- Accepts custom button sets so you can match the look and feel to your blog
We’ve tried our best to make the DPD-Cart plugin as easy to customize as possible. Vendors can easily add custom button sets to the DPD-Cart plugin as well as customize the appearance of the sidebar widget.
Adding Custom Button Sets
DPD-Cart automatically looks in the dpd-cart/buttons folder for button sets. To add your own custom button set simply create a new folder in the /buttons folder that contains two image files with the following names:
Add-to-cart button displayed in posts/pages:
View Cart / Checkout button displayed in sidebar widget:
… where /MyCustomFolder/ is the name of your custom button set.
Buttons must be PNG image files to be displayed and it is recommended that you save them with a transparent or matching background color for your blog where they will be displayed.
Customizing the Sidebar Widget
The DPD-Cart sidebar widget uses a simple template that you can customize to include additional information to be displayed along with the View Cart / Checkout button on each page.
The template is located in your dpd-cart plugin folder here:
You can add custom content such as text or images above and below the the DPD-Cart code in the widget template to display on your site.
When done save this file and the changes will be reflected on your WordPress blog.
DPD Developers provide full support for DPD subscribers using this plugin. If you need plugin support please login to DPD and submit a support ticket from the DPD Dashboard for priority support.
- Copy the entire dpd-cart directory to your /wp-content/plugins directory. Do not change the directory name or copy individual files- you must copy the entire directory to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory for the DPD-Cart plugin to work properly. The correct path for the plugin is /wp-content/plugins/dpd-cart.
- Activate the plugin in your WordPress admin.
- Go to the DPD-Cart configuration page under Plugins and enter your DPD username and API key. Your DPD username and API key can be found by logging in to DPD and then going to “Profile Options” under the “Profile” menu on the dashboard.
- Click “Update Options” on the configuration page to store your API credentials and load your storefronts inside your WordPress blog.
- Choose which storefront you would like to associate with this blog. If you only have one storefront the default storefront will be selected.
- Select the button style you would like to use.
- Click “Update Options” to save your storefront and button choices.
Using the DPD-Cart Plugin
Activating the Sidebar “View Cart” Widget:
The DPD-Cart sidebar widget will display a view-cart / checkout link on each page of your blog where the widget is loaded.
- Go to “Widgets” under “Appearance” options in your WordPress admin.
- Drag the “DPD-Cart Widget” to your sidebar where you would like it to appear. Most eCommerce layouts have this in the top of the right or left sidebar of your site.
- Optionally, create a title for the widget.
Inserting Add-To-Cart buttons in posts or pages:
You can easily insert Add-To-Cart button code to any post or page in your WordPress site.
- Create a new post or page or edit an existing one.
- On the HTML tab of the editor, move your cursor to where you want the button to appear and then click on the DPD Cart editor button.
- On the popup that opens your active storefront products will be displayed in the drop-down. Select the product you want to insert in to the post and click the “Insert” button.
The DPD-Cart plugin will create a [dpd-atc] quicktag with your product’s details. The quicktag will be converted into an add to cart button when your post is published.
Contributors & Developers
“DPD-Cart eCommerce Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Improved compatibility with other plugins
- Switched remaining links to use getdpd.com domain.
- Fixes bug that caused stored username to be incorrect in some cases.
- Switched links to use our new getdpd.com domain.
- Adds compatibility with May 12, 2010 DPD release.
- Removed dpd-wpcart directory. Installation now only requires copying the dpd-cart directory into your plugins directory.
- Added php 4.3 compatibility.
- php < 5.2 compatibility fix.
- IE6 compatibility fixes.
- Button image URL fix.
- Added more button sets.
- Initial Public Release.