Download Media Library Plugin helps admins to backup the media files available in the media library of the wordpress site.
- EPT Empty Plugin Template by 1manfactory.com
- Filippo – for his support and patience. Cheers to you, mate 🙂
Free! But if you love this plugin, buy me a Masala Dosa! A happy stomach is a happy man!
- Upload EPT Empty Plugin Template to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Nice. Love it.
This is just what I needed for a client and it worked quickly with over 150mb worth of images to download.
This plugin is nothing more than a downloader which destroys the “Uploads” folder structure. Lacks serious validation. How is one supposed to organise 300 files after backup?
WordPress tools > export > “media” is more reliable and has similar features and works to restore back. Pointless, waste of time plugin unless I am missing something.
I get the following error message:
Media Library contains 459 files in excess of 169.76 MiB
Note : Creating a huge zip file. This page may timeout before zipping is complete.
Creating compressed file …failed.
Sorry Sonny! Something went wrong. Reason : zip open failed. Exiting
Works without problems with WordPress 4.4.5
Same as all 1 star reviews.
Contributors & Developers
“downML – Download Media Library” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Logic trimmed down to minimum. Added extra logging to understand some issues experienced by users
- Bug fix for wordpress 4.0
- Bug fix added for file list creation. Thanks to Laurie for reporting the problem.
- Added check to omit non existing files from the list of compressed files. It was causing issues for some users
- Checked compatibility with 3.8 Also reordered the code for better readability
- File list is logged. If total file size is more than 100MB, user is shown a warning that the zipping may timeout
- Fixed Critical Bug which prevented the plugin from adding non-image files to the zip file
- new class added for creating zip file called Zip.php
- Support for TAR added if ZIP support is not present
- if zip library is not present, plugin quits gracefully
- releasing first version