dotEPUB is software in the cloud that allows you to convert any webpage into an e-book. The dotEPUB plugin helps your users getting the content of your blog in e-book form.
When this plugin is activated a button or link will be included in all your posts (at the beginning or at the end of them). If you don’t want to include it in all your posts or want to add it in a different place (for example, after the introductory paragraph), please use the shortcode.
If you want to place the dotEPUB button or link only in selected posts or in the middle of the text, use the [dotepub] shortcode.
- [dotepub] will include the dotEPUB button or link using the dotEPUB blog settings.
- [dotepub]your code[/dotepub] will add a link to “your code”.
Important: Do not mix 1 and 2. If you need to use an empty shortcode in a post where you are also using a non-empty shortcode, please write your empty shortcode like this: [dotepub][/dotepub]
If the shortcode is the only content of a paragraph, specify the alignment in the ‘Edit post’ WordPress page to make sure that the shortcode is treated as a paragraph.
- Search “dotepub” from Plugins > Add New > Search or upload dotepub.zip in WordPress from Plugins > Add New > Upload
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Under Settings > dotEPUB, choose the blog and e-book settings that meet your needs
- What is dotEPUB?
dotEPUB is a push-button cloud-based e-book maker.
For content consumers (readers), we have developed a bookmarklet for modern browsers (desktop or mobile). And, if you are a Chrome or Firefox user, you can install the dotEPUB extension in your browser. Check the dotepub site for more information.
For content producers (editors, authors), we offer Creator, a widget and a WordPress plugin. Creator lets you make an e-book from a text of your own. The widget helps your users getting the content of your website in e-book form. If you have a WordPress blog, you can automatically add our widget using a plugin.
- What does this plugin do?
It’s an automatic way to install the dotEPUB widget in order to let your readers consume your content offline comfortably in their e-readers.
- What e-book formats are supported?
dotEPUB supports the EPUB standard used in most e-readers but also the MOBI format used in Amazon Kindle.
Contributors & Developers
“dotEPUB, a push-button cloud-based e-book maker” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Support for conversion of secure pages.
- First version. Please provide feedback.