The idea for this plugin came from a presentation at WordCamp Philly
Code from these other plugins has served as reference and inspiration, and was sometimes borrowed from:
- Hide the disable option from non-admins.
- Possibly remove certain filters from the the_content filter, similar to the Raw HTML or Preserved HTML Editor Markup plugins.
- Still works. Just updated the readme.
- Fixed bug where strikethrough wasn’t being applied when toggling checkbox back and forth.
- Now only admins (current_user_can(“manage_options”)) can see/edit the disable visual editor checkbox.
- The checkbox wasn’t showing up on the Edit Page page. Now it is. May need to figure a way to make this work with custom post types.
- Moved the checkbox into the screen options space.
- Updated the checkbox to switch disable/enable and switch tabs without requiring a save or update.
- Initial Version. Pulled code from “Disable the Visual Editor WYSIWYG” (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/disable-visual-editor-wysiwyg/) and rewrote a few parts pased on my preferences for doing jQuery and which hook to use to determine we’re on the edit post page.