Imagine giving PayPal’s ‘Donate’ button a Web 2.0 makeover. What would happen?
You might end up with an online donation widget from GoFundMe – the web’s most popular personal donation platform.
The GoFundMe donation widget connects directly to your existing PayPal account to give you instant & secure access to every donation you receive – in real time! Plus, you’ll have access to detailed stats, reporting and online fundraising history from your GoFundMe dashboard.
The PayPal Donation Widget is available in 3 sizes:
Button: 190px by 113px
Badge: 261px by 345px
Blog: 460px by 523px
Green, Black, Navy, Purple, Red, Pink, Brown, Orange, Gold, Blue, Mint
Adding the Widget to a post, page, or sidebar
There are 2 ways to put your donation widget on your WordPress blog
- Copy & paste the shortcode [gfmdonate] into a post or page.
- Or click “Appearance” in the sidebar, click “Widgets”, and then drag and drop Donation Widget into the area you would like.
Customizing the widget
You can configure the widget by changing the shortcode or by using Donation Widget Settings
Your normal shortcode looks like:
This will use the settings that you have selected in the Donation Widget Settings
In the following example, we are going to customize the color, size and url of the widget via the shortcode.
[gfmdonate color=’black’ size=’button’ url=’http://funds.gofundme.com/p59c’]
Valid values for each of the options are:
* Color=Green, Black, Navy, Purple, Red, Pink, Brown, Orange, Gold, Blue, Mint
* Size=Button, Badge, Blog
* URL=A valid donation URL
- Shortcode to put recent donors on your blog
- Shortcode to put just the progress bar on your blog
- Have a feature request? Email support at gofundme.com
- What is GoFundMe?
GoFundMe makes it easy for people to raise money online for the things that matter to them most. From honeymoons to memorials and everything in between, our users invite family & friends to donate to important life-events, projects & causes.
- This is the initial version. Have fun!
- New features to come!
- Fixed error: Warning: Missing argument 1 for GoFundMeDonationPlugin::GoFundMeDonationWidget_func() line 33
- Fixed error: Warning on preview