Document attachment is a sidebar widget, which will display a filtered, sorted and ordered list of all related items linked to current post or page.
This sidebar widget is not just limited to the sidebar of your site. By using the and added the [document-list-attachments] shortcode to a post or page
the widget will then display the list of linked attachments within the documents content area.
The widget options are:
1) Select attachment file types, which are allowed to be displayed:
– MS Word
– MS Excel
– Adobe PDF
– Adobe Flash
2) Display the file size:
– Show file size
3) Display the files description text:
– Show description text
After selecting your options and saving the widget settings, the widget will then only display the attachment mime types which have been selected.
- Old-school: upload the
Document Attachment Widgetfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory via FTP, or Add the plugin via the WordPress Plugins menu.
- Activate the Plugin
- Add the Widget to the desired sidebar in the WordPress Widgets menu.
- Configure the
Document Attachment Widgetoptions.
- Add a the shortcode to your post like so:
- Test that the this plugin meets your demanding needs.
- Rate the plugin and verify that it works at wordpress.org.
- Leave a comment regarding bugs, feature request at: https://wordpress.org/tags/document-attachment-widget
Contributors & Developers
“Document Attachment Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed the issue with improper html markup.
- Fixed the issue with the widget showing on pages that have no attachments.
- Enhanced the document attachment widget and added the functionality to limit the number of items which are returned. Amends have also be made to the CSS to resolve the (Plugin CSS overrides theme styles) issue. Thanks Andy Leppard for the heads up on this 🙂
- Enhanced the document attachment widget and added the functionality to hide the widget from the sidebar, so you can use the short-code to only display
the widget within the content area of the page.
- Enhanced documentation and moved the plugin over to the plugin oven.
- Optimized code and added short code to plugin.