The Display Posts Shortcode was written to allow users to easily display listings of posts without knowing PHP or editing template files.
Add the shortcode in a post or page, and use the arguments to query based on tag, category, post type, and many other possibilities. You can also customize the output with parameters like: include_date, include_excerpt, and image_size.
- Installation Instructions
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Add the shortcode to a post or page.
Very nice plugin, thanks.
Just minor problem, I have a parent post with 12 child post.
But on the list is showing only 10 links.
Any support is much appreciated.
This is an incredibly powerful and amazingly helpful plugin, beautifully designed and written – truly a masterpiece.
Just what I was looking for.
very helpful when the plugin creator responds in 24 hours to any problem. Amazing.
I haven’t tested every parameter, mind you – it still has that little warning “this plugin hasn’t been tested with your version of WordPress” at the top. But it does exactly the ONE thing I needed for it to do, and this morning I was able to customize it to create a date-ordered list of chapter links that updates as I post new ones. Easy! So easy. I will probably explore more of the options soon, but for now, this is the reason I tried the plug-in in the first place, and it works beautifully.
very nice Plugin
Contributors & Developers
“Display Posts Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
* Added include_link=”false” to remove link from post title and image, see #137
* Fixed category display when using multiple post types, see #143
* Fixed issue combining multiple taxonomies, see #131
* Added support for Co-Authors Plus Addon.
* Added parameter to exclude children terms in tax queries, more information
* Added a filter to display the full version of manual excerpt, regardless of excerpt_length. more information
* Removed shortcodes from custom excerpts, more information
* Fixed private post visibility, more information
* More improvements to excerpts, see #110
* Added content_class parameter
* Fix date query bug, see #108
* Fixed undefined variable notice if include_title=”false”
* Fix issue with manually specified excerpts
- Add support for author=”current”
- Add support for multiple wrapper classes
- Add support for excerpt_length parameter
- Add support for excerpt_more parameter
- Fix an issue with manually specified excerpts
- Add support for date queries
- Exclude child pages with post_parent=”0″
- Query by current taxonomy terms. Ex: [display-posts taxonomy=”category” tax_term=”current”]
- Display the post’s categories with [display-posts category_display=”true”]
- Many more fixes. See GitHub for a full list of changes.
- Add ‘include_author’ parameter
- Add ‘exclude_current’ parameter for excluding the current post from the results
- If you display the full content of results, additional uses of the shortcode within those posts are now turned off
- Other minor improvements
- Include the shortcode attributes on wrapper filter
- Add ‘no_posts_message’ parameter to specify content displayed if no posts found
- Add filters to the title and permalink
- Limit private posts to logged in users
- Add support for excluding sticky posts
- Add support for ordering by meta_key
- Use original attributes for filters
- Add support for multiple taxonomy queries
- Add filter for post classes
- Add support for post content in the post loop
- Add support for post status
- Add support for post author
- Add support for post offset
- Explicitly declare arguments, props danielbachhuber
- Sanitize each shortcode attribute for security, props danielbachhuber
- Add ‘date_format’ parameter, so you can customize how dates are displayed
- Added a class of .excerpt-dash so CSS can be used to remove the dash
- Cleaned up the codebase according to WordPress coding standards
display_posts_shortcode_no_resultsfilter for displaying content if there’s no posts matching current query.
- Add support for multiple post types. [display-posts post_type=”page, post”]
idargument to specify specific post IDs
display_posts_shortcode_argsfilter in case the arguments you want aren’t already included in the shortcode. See example: http://www.billerickson.net/code/display-posts-shortcode-exclude-posts/
post_parentwhere you can specify a parent by ID, or you can say
post_parent=currentand it will use the current page’s ID.
wrapperwhere you can decide if the posts are an unordered list, ordered list, or div’s
- Added support for multiple taxonomy terms (comma separated) and taxonomy operator (IN, NOT IN, or AND).
* For the sake of clarity I’m changing version numbers. No feature changes
* Added a filter (display_posts_shortcode_output) so you can modify the output of individual posts however you like.
- Added post_type, taxonomy, tax_term, and include_excerpt
- Added classes to each part of the listing (image, title, date, excerpt) to make it easier to change the look using CSS
- Updated Readme
- Added image_size option
- Fix spacing issue in plugin
- This is version 0.1. Everything’s new!