The Display Posts Shortcode was written to allow users to easily display listings of posts without knowing PHP or editing template files.
Add the shortcode in a post or page, and use the arguments to query based on tag, category, post type, and many other possibilities. You can also customize the output with parameters like: include_date, include_excerpt, and image_size.
Just what I was looking for.
very helpful when the plugin creator responds in 24 hours to any problem. Amazing.
* Added support for Co-Authors Plus Addon.
* Added parameter to exclude children terms in tax queries, more information
* Added a filter to display the full version of manual excerpt, regardless of excerpt_length. more information
* Removed shortcodes from custom excerpts, more information
* Fixed private post visibility, more information
* More improvements to excerpts, see #110
* Added content_class parameter
* Fix date query bug, see #108
* Fixed undefined variable notice if include_title=”false”
* Fix issue with manually specified excerpts
- Add support for author=”current”
- Add support for multiple wrapper classes
- Add support for excerpt_length parameter
- Add support for excerpt_more parameter
- Fix an issue with manually specified excerpts
- Add support for date queries
- Exclude child pages with post_parent=”0″
- Query by current taxonomy terms. Ex: [display-posts taxonomy=”category” tax_term=”current”]
- Display the post’s categories with [display-posts category_display=”true”]
- Many more fixes. See GitHub for a full list of changes.
- Add ‘include_author’ parameter
- Add ‘exclude_current’ parameter for excluding the current post from the results
- If you display the full content of results, additional uses of the shortcode within those posts are now turned off
- Other minor improvements
- Include the shortcode attributes on wrapper filter
- Add ‘no_posts_message’ parameter to specify content displayed if no posts found
- Add filters to the title and permalink
- Limit private posts to logged in users
- Add support for excluding sticky posts
- Add support for ordering by meta_key
- Use original attributes for filters
- Add support for multiple taxonomy queries
- Add filter for post classes
- Add support for post content in the post loop
- Add support for post status
- Add support for post author
- Add support for post offset
- Explicitly declare arguments, props danielbachhuber
- Sanitize each shortcode attribute for security, props danielbachhuber
- Add ‘date_format’ parameter, so you can customize how dates are displayed
- Added a class of .excerpt-dash so CSS can be used to remove the dash
- Cleaned up the codebase according to WordPress coding standards
display_posts_shortcode_no_resultsfilter for displaying content if there’s no posts matching current query.
- Add support for multiple post types. [display-posts post_type=”page, post”]
idargument to specify specific post IDs
display_posts_shortcode_argsfilter in case the arguments you want aren’t already included in the shortcode. See example: http://www.billerickson.net/code/display-posts-shortcode-exclude-posts/
post_parentwhere you can specify a parent by ID, or you can say
post_parent=currentand it will use the current page’s ID.
wrapperwhere you can decide if the posts are an unordered list, ordered list, or div’s
- Added support for multiple taxonomy terms (comma separated) and taxonomy operator (IN, NOT IN, or AND).
* For the sake of clarity I’m changing version numbers. No feature changes
* Added a filter (display_posts_shortcode_output) so you can modify the output of individual posts however you like.
- Added post_type, taxonomy, tax_term, and include_excerpt
- Added classes to each part of the listing (image, title, date, excerpt) to make it easier to change the look using CSS
- Updated Readme
- Added image_size option
- Fix spacing issue in plugin
- This is version 0.1. Everything’s new!