Display Categories Widget will display Child categories on your sidebar. Can be placed on widget in sidebar.
1. Limit number of categories that appears.
Exclude categories from display.
Restrict levels of categories that can be shown.
Display categories as list or dropdown.
Hide categories that does not have any posts.
Display/Hide number of posts available in categories.
How to contact plugin support?
We support through https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/display-categories-widget and http://www.iteamweb.com/open-source-softwares/wordpress/wordpress-plugins/display-categories-widget/
Arbitrary section 1
- Will the plugin show parent category?
Yes its optional, if you need to make parent category visible you can enable from the widget
- Is the category sorted?
The sorting order is ascending and it sorts on the name of the category
- Exclude categories does not work?
Check if you have entered the category id’s and not the category names.
Thank you for this plugin, it makes it so easy to exclude categories in the widget, as list or drop down.
The plugin does exactly what I was looking for--displays a list of sub-categories under a main category in the sidebar. Useful configuration options including being able to exclude certain sub-categories. It's working well with WordPress 4.7.
- Bug fixes
- Added a label for dropdown non-selection case
- Removed deprecated WP_Widget
- Updated a widget screenshot
- Level of sub categories to be shown can be managed from widget settings
- Exclude categories that you dont want to show on the front end
- Added new screenshots
- Displaying the list of categories in columnwise (Optional)
- If nothing is selected then all categories will be displayed. Removal of deprecated functions
- Optional display for Dropdown or List view of categories
- Display Number of post in each categories
- Display Empty categories Option
- Display parent category show/hide option
- Limit the number of categories that is displayed
- Description Updated
- Initial release.