Prevent WordPress from allowing and handling any search requests for the site. Specifically, this plugin:
- Prevents the search form from appearing if the theme uses the standard
get_search_form() function to display the search form.
- Prevents the search form from appearing if the theme uses a searchform.php template
- Disables the search widget.
- Removes the Search widget from the list of available widgets
- Deactivates any search widgets currently in use in any sidebars (they are hidden, not deleted; they'll still be in the proper locations if this plugin gets deactivated)
- With or without the search form, the plugin prevents any direct or manual requests by visitors, via either GET or POST requests, from actually returning any search results.
- Submitted attempts at a search will be given a 404 File Not Found response, rendered by your site's 404.php template, if present.
The plugin only affects search on the front-end of the site. It does not disable searching in the admin section of the site.
Links: Plugin Homepage | Plugin Directory Page | Author Homepage