This plugin is a good tool to have in your developer arsenal. An advanced maintenance mode tool that will prevent all users (except you, the developer) from logging into the WordPress backend. Your users will see a nice message just below the WordPress logo informing them that you are in the process of fixing their website. Now with WordPress Multisite support!
- Upload disable-login to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Enable the plugin and set the allowed user to your username.
wp plugin install disable-login --activate
- Help! I’ve locked myself out!
Let’s hope you have ssh access to the server. You can re-name the plugin folder to
disable-login-letmein(or anything really). This will cause WordPress to deactivate the plugin.
Plugin author assume very good support.
Contributors & Developers
“Disable Login” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added Multisite Support!
- Refactor code
- Cleanup comments
- Fix typos
- Added support for WordPress version 4.5.2.
- Initial release.