This plugin disables all RSS/Atom/RDF feeds on your site. It is useful if you use WordPress purely as a content management system (and not for blogging). All requests for feeds will be redirected to the corresponding HTML content.
There are a couple of options to tweak the plugin’s behaviour – go to
Settings -> Reading to see them.
If you come across any bugs or have suggestions, please use the plugin support forum. I can’t fix it if I don’t know it’s broken! Please check the FAQ for common issues.
Want to contribute? Here’s the GitHub development repository.
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it. All feeds are now disabled (and any requests for a feed will be redirected back to the parent content).
- Why should I disable feeds?
Feeds are useful if you have regularly updated content (blog posts, comments) on your site, and you want people to be able to subscribe to those updates. If you have static pages, then they aren’t, and just add overhead to your site.
- There are still RSS links on my site!
This plugin is only able to disable feeds themselves. The links to feeds are generated by your theme, and you will have to edit your theme (or remove the related widgets) to remove those links.
- What if I don’t want to redirect feed requests?
Settings -> Readingyou will find an option to turn off redirection and issue a 404 (page not found) response instead.
- What if I want to keep the main post/comment feeds but disable all other feeds?
Settings -> Readingyou will find an option to allow global feeds. All other feeds (individual post comments, archives, search, category etc.) will still be disabled.
It works SUPER! Now all feeds are deleted!!!
This plugin disables BuddyPress group feeds and bbPress forum feeds as well.
Excellent! 5 stars!
no answer in support
Thank you. Simple. Been trying to find a way to cease those feeds & all other options cause a 500 internal error. Blessing
Contributors & Developers
“Disable Feeds” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add translation support.
- Compatiblity for for WP 3.6 when feed URLs are set to return a 404 response.
- Fix potential security issue when redirecting feeds.
- Added BBPress support, thanks to Matthew Sigley.
- Bugfix: Missing global variable caused error when feed URL were set to 404.
- More robust feed redirection. In some rare cases, WordPress fails to automatically redirect the user to the parent content. If this happens, the plugin now attempts a redirect by parsing the URL and removing the feed portion manually. Most installations will not be affected.
- Bugfix: Old WordPress feed URLs were not being redirected.
- Added the option to allow the global post and comment feeds.
- Bugfix: Redirect/404 setting in
Settings -> Readingdid not update properly.
- Added the option to disable redirection of feed requests (and issue a 404 instead)
- First public release.