This plugin disables the new WordPress emoji functionality.
Note: Emoticons will still work and emoji’s will still work in browsers which have built in support for them. This plugin simply removes the extra code bloat used to add support for emoji’s in older browswers.
After you’ve downloaded and extracted the files:
- Upload the complete ‘disable-emojis’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory OR install via the plugin installer
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- And yer done!
Visit the Disable Emojis plugin for more information.
Thank you! This plugin is an alternative to the long list of manually-set filters.
Right after installation, I tested my websites on google page insights, gtmetix and pingdom. The performance improvement done by this easy-to-install plugin is obvious.
I am pleased with the functionality of the plugin. Very pleased. Thank you.
Does the job – I install it on every site.
It did the job with Elegant Divi Theme.
Nice when one can get a little optimization with a free plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Disable Emojis” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Catering to new DNS prefetch URL in version 4.7 of core
- Improved documentation.
- Removed redundant dns prefetching. Thanks to Milan Dinic for the pull request.
- Updating documentation.
- Catering for invalid $plugin array.
- Updating to use Otto’s code.
Removing extraneous styles.
Updating to work with latest beta.