What this plugin does:
- Prevents others from embedding your site.
- Prevents you from embedding other non-whitelisted sites.
Just activate the plugin and you’re good to go.
Want embeds back again? Simply deactivate the plugin.
- Upload the entire
/disable-embedsdirectory to the
- Activate Disable Embeds through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Is it really that easy?
- What about previous embeds?
Since WordPress caches all embed codes, previous embeds from other sites will still work. However, your own site’s embeds won’t work at all when using this plugin.
Works exactly as advertised. Thank you.
So far, no issues with this. Just want I want.
It continue to auto embed Youtube link to video
Note you may need to clear your oEmbed cache (lines in wp_postmeta table) for old posts (or the embed will keep coming back)
It’s nice to see new features added to WordPress.. but introducing fancy stuff like this without a simple checkbox to disable it (can’t write a simple text link in your wordpress blog, how frustrating…).
I really can’t understand this “no settings” philosophy. Is WordPress going corporate ?
I had gotten used to many auto embeds in WordPress like those for Twitter and Youtube, but hadn’t run across a case where I actually wanted to publish a straight link. Until today. It was extremely frustrating to realize that I could no longer do that, that I was being forced to display the link (to a simple web page) as an embedded excerpt of the page. This handy plugin fixed that right up, leaving my other embeds in tact. <3
WP being an oEmbed provider itself is cool, but for now I’ll go ahead with this plugin enabled until I experiment more with this feature. Cleanly does the job.
Contributors & Developers
“Disable Embeds” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Updated against WordPress 4.6 Beta 2
- Removes a new embeds filter introduced in WordPress 4.5.3
- Updated against WordPress 4.4 Beta 3.
- Removes all embeds rewrite rules on plugin activation.
- Updated against WordPress 4.4 Beta 2.
- Initial release.