WordPress redirects /?author=(number) to /author/(userID) if the author id exists. This is the security vulnerability because an internet user might be able to know all User ID and the user name in a website using WordPress.
If you can control the configuration of a web server, you had better use the rewrite rule (Search as “Block Author URLs”) for reducing the system load of WordPress.
The plugin prevents the security vulnerability regarding the author archive redirection.
1. It isn’t applied in the admin dashboard.
2. If “author” query in URL (QUERY_STRING) exists, displays 404 error.
3. If “/author/” in REQUEST_URI involves, redirects to the top page.
4. Apply to the “redirect_canonical” hook, too.
The operation is the simple.
Please install this plugin and activate it.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Disable Author Archive Redirection” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Disable Author Archive Redirection” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Fixed a problem that the “include” folder had not been uploaded. If your site is not working due to the plugin, please remove the plugin via FTP and reinstall it again.
- Fixed the problem with a warning message when using WP-CLI.
- Supported the multisite.
- Added the setting menu.
- Tested up 5.6 with PHP 7.4
- Tested up 5.8
- Tested up 6.0
- First Released.