Dippsy – the DIgital Products PayPal Store for You!
With it, you can easily sell your digital products, whether it be music, e-books, software, pictures, videos – anything that can be stored in bytes.
Payment gateway is the known widely used and hence verified Paypal.
Dippsy has many features. Some of them are:
- Clean interface
- Easy product adding/editing
- Product preview
- Multiple files per product
- Many file formats support
- Simple order review
- Order status e-mailing
- Cancel/completed message pages
- Many customizable settings
- Customizable store frontend look
- Warning messages
- Automatic PayPal IPN handling
For more information see official Dippsy website.
a) Install it via WordPress built-in Plugins installer or b) Upload extracted contents of the Dippsy plugin archive to your
dippsyin WordPress content (
wp-content) folder and make it writable (chmod 755). To do this use a FTP client or your hosting file manager, if any.
- Also, make writable
imagessubfolder in the extracted Dippsy plugin folder.
- Activate the plugin (Dippsy) through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Set all fields on the Settings page, until the message on the top of the page stops showing.
- Enable IPN sending in your PayPal account profile. Use official PayPal guide to do this.
Notification URL should be set as your WordPress index page, e.g. http://www.mystore.com/wordpress/index.php.
- Start adding new products via the Dippsy menu interface.
- NOTE: Before you go live with your store, please test it in Sandbox mode to check if Dippsy, PayPal and server are set correctly.
What pages are created on activation of the plugin?
“Store”, “Completed order” and “Cancelled order”; together with shortcodes (see below).
Are there any shortcodes to use?
Yes. There are: * [dippsy_store] – used for displaying store frontend on page/post * [dippsy_complete] – displays completed order message * [dippsy_cancel] – displays canceled order message
All of these get set on appropriate pages by activating the plugin (see above).
What file type icons are used by default?
The nuvoX iconset.
I don’t like icons which are generated from blank icon.
Just replace the file
blank.png in the images folder with your own, 100 by 100 pixels large image.
Note: center of the image gets overwritten with the extension name everytime a new extension is made,
so you should best leave it blank.
Can I use other icons?
Certainly! Just replace images from the
images folder with your own. Be aware of their naming convention and their size: * thumbnail:
[extension]_thumbnail.png (50px50px) * icon:
[extension].png (100px100px) * blank icon: (view above)
Which iconsets do you suggest?
Contributors & Developers
“Dippsy” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- fix Chrome 8 quick edit after status change select drop down menu not refreshing
- fix Opera 11 new file delete button submitting instead of making ajax call
- fix opera 11 not changing buy now button
- add shortcode to insert into posts/pages/etc
- add TinyMCE plugin to insert said shortcode
- add search orders by meta
- add manually change order status
- add bundle product preview widget
- add selecting of buy now button
- change beautify mail handling
- change ajax status messages image handling
- change first settings messages (folders, IPN settings)
- change manage orders GUI (hide (bulk) edit, delete actions and sorting by date)
- change update managing
- fix IE 8, Chrome 8 new file delete button submitting instead of making ajax call
- fix store CSS loading on demand
- fix check if file delete ID is valid
- fix remove image preview support if theme does not support post thumbnails
- fix delete file call never deleting file
- fix preview image from thumbnail to large
- fix settings not remembering tab on refresh
- fix custom button CSS
- fix button notice removal
- minor fixes
- add input sanitation
- add WYSIWYG input
- add html emails
- add from/subject email fields
- add revamp settings
- add display file description
- add product preview
- add tax
- add test e-mail sending
- add resending completed e-mail for orders
- add support for permalink CSS loading
- fix price as float
- fix duplicate email
- fix download count bug
- fix IE 7 download bug
- fix showing only limited number of products/files
- fix settings updated message not showing
- fix return instead of echo product shortcode
- clean product options meta box
- Chrome fix: http -> https
- More file upload checks
- Upload path consistency
- ini_set for upload size, post size, execution time
- Fix download count and availability bug
- Minor fixes
- Upload file bug: fix typo
- Update AjaxUpload script; fix IE7
- Blank image size fix
- Initial version