The plugin DigoWatchWP scans your blog posts and pages for changes.
Whenever an entry has been changed it informs you via email. So if you receive an email and you have nothing changed you should have a closer look at your post or page. Maybe somebody changed your post or page to include a spam-link (e.g. links to OnlineCasino, adult-content are very popular).
This plugin is free for everyone, but a visible link back to my homepage is required! Since it’s released under the GPL, you can use it free of charge on your personal or commercial blog. But if you enjoy this plugin, you can thank me and leave a small donation for the time I have spent writing this plugin.
- Download the plugin archive and expand it (you have likely already done this).
- Upload the digowatchwp.php file to your
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click Activate for DigoWatchWP. This will create the database table used by DigoWatchWP.
- Congratulations, you have just installed DigoWatchWP and it is now checking your posts and pages hourly.
- Optional: go into Options > DigoWatchWP to modify some values
- How do I uninstall DigoWatchWP?
Go back to you Plugins page, and click Deactivate for DigoWatchWP.
- What if I want to re-enable DigoWatchWP later?
No problem. Go back to the Plugins page and click Activate for DigoWatchWP.
- I am using DigoWatchWP – does this mean my blog is now *protected*?
No, DigoWatchWP cannot prevent that somebody uses bugs in your WordPress-Blog. It will just notice, that something has happened and your posts/pages have been changed and will inform you via Email.
- I am using DigoWatchWP – does this mean I do not have to update to the latest WordPress stable release?
NO, you should always update your installation to the latest stable release as quick as possible.
- But why I should use DigoWatchWP?
Well WordPress is great software, but you never know – software tends to be buggy and so there could be an unknown bug in the latest release. So it is always good that someone has a look at your posts/pages – DigoWatchWP does this job for you.
- DigoWatchWP emailed me, but I can not see any changes?