Manage a private diary and availability calendar. At the back-end, you create calendar entries consisting of a title, date, time slot and notes. At the front-end, visitors to the site can see the times when you are available for different days.
This plugin is for anyone who wishes to make their availability known to their users. Specifically, this could be useful to professionals who allocate time slots to different customers. For example, a personal trainer might use this as a calendar of upcoming sessions he/she has booked. Potential new customers will be able to see when the trainer is free and available for booking.
- Extract and upload the plugin zip file to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Adjust the plugin settings according to your own requirements
- Enable the sidebar widget – or – embed the calendar in a post or page using the shortcode: [daac]
- Why is weird stuff happening when I have the calendar displayed as a widget and in a post or page?
It is not recommended to have more than one instance of the calendar on your page at any one time. We’ll try and sort this out in later versions if it’s requested.
Contributors & Developers
“Diary & Availability Calendar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed ‘next month’ calendar control at front-end – it now goes forwards instead of backwards
- admin-ajax.php is now loaded properly on WordPress sites installed in non-root folders
- Fixed error causing the plugin not to activate
- First stable release